Petpets Back in the Battledome?

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Petpets Back in the Battledome?

Post by Kamil »

Have they started using them in one-player again?

I ask, because twice now I've had one of my petpets show up when I was fighting Inflatable Balthazar to get my pet's hp restored.

Behold:

Selecting the petpet didn't appear to do any damage, either time, but the option was there - even if it didn't actually do anything.

I don't remember this happening before - and when it happened the first time with Roseau I though it might be a glitch of some sort, but then it just happened again a few minutes ago I decided to ask. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Erm...are you sure this is actually new? I've seen it for a really long time. It just doesn't do anything.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

DamionDarkheart wrote:Erm...are you sure this is actually new? I've seen it for a really long time. It just doesn't do anything.
That's the thing - I'd always heard about them doing that, but I'd never had it happen before now - despite how many times I'd fought one-player with Chaffee on my old account. But now, it's happened twice in the past week or so, hence my wonderment. :P
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Yes, I believe it has been in for a LONG time, but for some reason it broke and they only just fixed it, or they just made it more common. I had done about 500 battles without seeing my petpet once and in the last 20 or so it helped two or three times.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Do you have your internet all in comic sans?
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Cheese wrote:Do you have your internet all in comic sans?
Why, yes, yes I do. :P

I have problems with my eyes going all blurry at night and comic sans is by far the easiest font for me to read, so I go with it. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I noticed it last night when 4 battled the scientist to change her back into a girl. I didn't think much of it at the time. They used to be damage multiplyers in two-player battles, much like the fierce or berzerk stances, without an increase to the damage you'd take. They were then disabled for a long time, and I guess TNT reactivated them yesterday. As far as I know, they've never done anything in one-player battles.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

This happened to me a few weeks ago; I actually made a thread about it over at PPT, but no one seemed to know why petpets were (are) mysterously reappearing in the battledome.

Mine didn't do any damage, either. :(

EDIT: Yep. He just showed up again. Once again, he failed to actually do anything, but he's only level 1; maybe that factors into whether a petpet does damage or not (I think it used to)?

danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Sorry I made a whole new thread, I wasn't really paying attention. :(

But I can't make my petpet reappear in the battledome, it only happened once for me...any theories floating around as to why that would be?
ImageImageImage
Madge

Post by Madge »

The answer to that question, danceu4ia, is quite simple: on fortune's cap you are not the very button.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

danceu4ia wrote:But I can't make my petpet reappear in the battledome, it only happened once for me...any theories floating around as to why that would be?
I think that's just normal. The whole thing seems random, rather than "triggered." It took me about 15-20 tries to get that screenie, and right after that battle, Muco showed up again in my next battle (I'm going for the Black Pteri avvie, so I kept jumping back and forth between the pteri and the lupe). I haven't seen him since, though.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

Madge wrote:The answer to that question, danceu4ia, is quite simple: on fortune's cap you are not the very button.
"Nor the soles of her shoe?"..."'Faith, her privates we."

I lurve Hamlet, if that was your reference. :P

Was there a reason they appeared in the battledome before? other than if you were playing a 1 player, or 2 player, whatever...?

ie. did you have to enter the battledome with less hitpoints than your full potential? (that's when mine appeared while fighting the scientist)

Or maybe while fighting someone way over your head. Like what I was doing...
ImageImageImage
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Petpets haven't been in battledomes for a very long time. I guess they decided to re-add it as a random event during battle. Personally, I've very glad they did. :)