Ballistic filters

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Ballistic filters

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

...Yeah. I'm having filter problems.

I'm trying to RP with someone, and a couple of things keep getting blocked. I've had to rewrite them because I have no idea what is making the filters go ballistic.

This one I gave up on:
(Laurrie looks apologetic.)
Laurrie: Sorry about Grarrl. She's really not as bad as all that when you get to know her. She just doesn't like being called a lizard.
And, well, it isn't bothering me all THAT much, though I'd like to know what part of that simple phrase is causing such problems.

But this is ridiculous.
Blue: Oh! You must be Lee Ann, we've been expecting you. Come in, you must be cold out there. Have you brought any pets with you?
For obvious reasons, it was very hard to ask for help on the HC. We initially thought it might be something to do with the word "expecting", but after a bit of testing, we narrowed it down to the sentence:
Come in, you must be cold out there.
A string of perfectly normal one-syllable words. I've tried mentally cutting them in half to see if any of the liaisons form a swearword... nothing.

You helped me figure out a filter problem once before. So I'm turning to you.

What in the heck is going on here?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

It's the phrase "come in you" in the second; the first is "bad as".
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

That is so weird. 'Come in you' I can see how it must be bad, but I NEVER would have picked up on it. Yeesh.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Yeesh, I never would have picked up on those either. Go Jazzy!

The "Come in you" I can sort of see, but the "bad as" one is pushing it a bit >_>
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I had to test it by sending a half-dozen neomails to a side account :P "bad as" I knew about - they have something against "badass" - but "come in you" surprised me. I can't tell if it's "come in, you" that's being filtered (and if you can't see what I mean by that one, try saying it in a Marilyn Monroe voice) or "come in you".
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I have an urge to go round telling everyone I'm a "bas as" now.

Yo, bad as.
TCD

Post by TCD »

It's probably "come in you" sans comma.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Go, Jazzy. =D

I'm sure TCD is right, they're objecting to the idea of, "I want to come in you."

:P

Silly Neo, they let a user named cumguzzler exist for 17 months, but this they block. *snark*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Tryn

Post by Tryn »

I would of never of thought of those in a mllion years :shock:

Sort of reminds me of when I first started playing POGO. For some reason, the word butterscotch was filtered :D My online friends and I had a lot of laughs over that one especially since a lot worse words were allowed!
Madge

Post by Madge »

The way I test neomails like that is to try and use the neomail as a pet description for a lab pet - the filter that does descriptions will say "The phrase that was blocked was 'bad as'", thus helping you find out the problem :D. It saves so much frustration for me!
covet

Post by covet »

That is pretty spectacular. I'd like to meet the mind that comes up with these blockable phrases.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris