Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I'm not sure if this should go under the Petpet forum or this one, so please feel free to move it accordingly.

I've been aging a Mazzew, which is now 230 days and 2 hours old, but for some reason, I can't get the avatar. The alert on AvatarLog tells me that the petpet should now be fully aged and, well, I suppose it is, so where's my avatar?
Is this a glitch? Has anyone had this problem before/lately? Should I fill in a bug report? Where do babies come from? Ahh, so many questions, so little time!

I want my avatar. :(
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It might have something to do with event notifications being messed up? But then if other people weren't getting avatars I would have thought we'd already know that. And the lack of random events was noticed some time last week -see here viewtopic.php?t=5680

If there are no "Something Has Happened" things then you won't get your avatar until that gets fixed :/
Neopets wishlists: here
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Also is the pet you have the Mazzew attached to has 6 letters in it's name you can't get the avatar. Paint it Plushie for about 8K. Possibly.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I don't think it has to do with no random events glitch - I've got my harris avatar without any trouble yesterday.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

adi_gallia wrote:Also is the pet you have the Mazzew attached to has 6 letters in it's name you can't get the avatar. Paint it Plushie for about 8K. Possibly.
Shrugs, Problem fixed! Apparently that was it, pretty lame. Thank god for plushie pp pb.
Thanks everyone!
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

If it's the language problem, you need to change languages and then you should get the av. Presumably to attach it you needed to change language to one where the Mazzew doesn't have six characters, therefore, it will be possible to get the av in the other language- let us know if this works, because if it does Trick might want to write about it on PPC :D

I would think that you'd need to change to Chinese or one of the other Asian languages that don't use the same alphabet as us because the European languages are unlikely to change the name of the Mazzew.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

I don't remember if I had to change languages or not to get it attached. If I did, I could have solved the problem by doing it again, but alas, it was so long ago! I painted it plushie like adi_gallia suggested and it worked, so now I can't test the language theory again.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Sushi wrote:
adi_gallia wrote:Also is the pet you have the Mazzew attached to has 6 letters in it's name you can't get the avatar. Paint it Plushie for about 8K. Possibly.
Shrugs, Problem fixed! Apparently that was it, pretty lame. Thank god for plushie pp pb.
Thanks everyone!
No problem, although thinking about it daisybells way might have worked. But yeah, painting a petpet plushie is always the way if possible.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Why is it always the way? It costs you np and won't work on a zapped petpet and if you liked it in the original colour you'd have to paint back which would be a lot more expensive than plushie pppb.

Logically, if you can attach the petpet in another language, then people using Neo in that language can get the avatar in that language. There aren't any rules stopping you from switching languages as much as you like, either.