Gamesmaster Daily Dare

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Gah! I suck so bad at this, even using Zebru's guide. A bunch of times I've sat here getting monumentally frustrated because I have pressed the key to turn and it just WON'T. Grrrrrrr......
I know how you feel, guess this is not my game.
I simply bought the book :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Thanks, Zebru. I had been doing that on my own for some time, but never did the zig zag thing to check their direction first. It makes it much easier to not smash into them. I played for the first time in ages today and got my highest score of 1307 on the first run. I really wanted the book since my faerie buzz is a cloud racer...racer.
GrayKamiRat

Post by GrayKamiRat »

Zebru, I don't know how I would have gotten Abi's score without that guide! As it is, I have a nice shiny book for Yaroko, my (as of yet) novice librophile. I was sure that was the game that was going to sink the Daily Dare for me, as I've played it before now and NEVER scored...pathetic, I know.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I'm having the same problem- I'm definitely pressing and it's ignoring me. I challenged Abi in the end because zig-zagging was just impossible when only about every third keypress actually went through.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I had that issue with the ship just not turning and I found zebru's method too difficult. As I wasn't aiming for a trophy score I used a different method, one that I'd developed in practice: heading for the space where the opponent starts and forming a circle around their path and ship so that you block them in that way. It does take more time to win but I found it a lot easier. It seems to be pretty rare for the opposing faerie to go right up to the edges of the screen so it was rare that I got blocked in. I got scores of around 1100 doing this, in both practice and today, getting up to but not beating the tooth faerie- when it gets that fast the not turning thing makes it pretty impossible for me.
Neopets wishlists: here
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I ALWAYS play as the Space Faerie in this game, just because I'm her most obsessed fan.

I tend to go down and use up as much edge as I can and block the other Faerie up top. It takes forever, but I usually win her out without worrying where she's going.

I used to play the old version of this game all the time and often beat the final round. I haven't actually 3-something beaten the Tooth Faerie here yet, but then again I haven't played as much of this game lately.
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

So...anyone else get the AAA avatar out of nowhere?
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Phibby wrote:So...anyone else get the AAA avatar out of nowhere?
How did you get it? Like on what page? o.o I haven't gotten it....and I've beaten him 26/26 times. I was kind of hoping it was going to be the Ultimate prize =(
Phibby

Post by Phibby »

There was no page. I played FCR, beat Abigail, collected my prize, and saw I had a new av.

The avatar chat is going crazy right now.
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

According to Avatarlog you got the avatar after beating AAA or Abigail and collecting the prize, but it only became active at about 1.40pm today, which sucks for everyone who lives in Europe. Unless you can get it tomorrow too. Who knows? Maybe you need to have completed 26 challenges?
Neopets wishlists: here
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I didn't get it, and I've completed 26 challenges (one was a day late, though). I played probably around 8pm, which is 11am NST - so a little while before they're saying it was activated...

We better still be able to get it tomorrow :P
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I didn't get the event, Ooga, but when I went to my chat preferences page it was on my list.

*whew* I didn't think I'd ever beat Abby today. *mops brow* Thanks ever so, Zebru, without your tips I'd never have made even the 236 I finally managed after a full hour of playing this awful game.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I remember how hard it was to get a score of 50 for the previous AAA challenge. Now I beat AAA and got a shiny book :D All bow to zebru!

Of course this was before noon NST so no Avatar for me. It better be available tomorrow or there'll be riots :X

EDIT: And still, how lazy of them to release an avatar on the news and not activate it for over a week. I bet that bonshu avatar isn't activated yet either :X
LΟL
EofS

Post by EofS »

rebelheart wrote:I remember how hard it was to get a score of 50 for the previous AAA challenge.
Ditto. My previous high score was 78, and that was only to beat AAA's 50 and was a struggle.

Now I have 1161! :0D I nearly made 700 with my first game after reading Zebru's advice. Then I sucked for ages ;0) But eventually I got my book.
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

I just want to say that I hate Faerie Cloud Racers with the intensity of a thousand suns. No other game gave me this much trouble to even get to Abi's score. And on a related note, I haven't gotten the AAA avatar yet either.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta