Holy crap. CLOTHING/CUSTOMIZABLE NEOPETS is in beta.

Post anything new on Neopets here.
sureq

Post by sureq »

So it seems young pets cannot be dressed up at all? I wonder why that is?
ImageImage
Fabled

Post by Fabled »

Meh. After reading this thread, I was very eager to try things out when I found that it's now open to all users to try. After trying a few items on one of my pets and saving, I went back to Quick Ref. to find all my pets have vanished.

So, just a warning about that. It seems to be happening to a lot of users right now.

Edit: And of course posting about it would mean it'd get fixed in a jiffy. :wink: Hoorah my pets are back!

And so this isn't a useless post, has anyone found out what happens if a labbed pet is changed into another species after being customized? Does it turn into a non-customized version of the new species?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

One of my pets is a temporary lab rat, so I'm hoping I'll find out as soon as she changes speceis.

Assuming she ever gets anything beyond that damned "and she doesn't change at all!" message.
Madge

Post by Madge »

When Snowager changed rainbow yesterday, his image updated to be a rainbow hissi with no accessories.

That said, I hadn't given him any accessories when he was mutant because there were none, except for backgrounds, none of which I was overly happy with.
kaytea

Post by kaytea »

my poor Kyrii has no eyes :(
how can she see

as for my usul meh he's okay im just happy that he looks more like a boy and not a girl but yet still has that girlish charm

(my usul's a girly boy XD)
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

....The Usukigirl Usul has ears AND hair. It looks....weird. Especially because it seems the hair and ears are coming from the same spot and are posted on top of each other. I hope they fix that. though I do love all the accessories for their hair and stuff.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

My Pink Grarrl was wearing accessories and she changed into a Green Gnorbu. When I went to customise her it said something like. '5 accessories were not compatible with your pet so they had to be removed.' or something, all the accessories went off, but the background stayed.
Kytsune

Post by Kytsune »

varii wrote:Does your uni have any clothing options? Mine only has backgrounds available.
Nope.
NeoKuwagata

Post by NeoKuwagata »

Hey, I just realized - does this work with invisible pets? Because this might give people the option to have "Invisible Man" pets where they can slightly see the outline by using clothes after all this time!
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I heard that invisible pets can be customized, but all you see of them is a chesire cat-esque smile. I would imagine you could dress them up, but I've never actually seen an invisible pet in this new tool.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

oh snap, you mean there's now a reason to have invisible pets?
TCD

Post by TCD »

Went out and painted _Tumnus cuz the brushes aren't unbuyable and maybe this'll encourage my lab to change his color. On the left, au natural. On the right, wearring the Lost Desert set.

Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The huge chunks of missing cloth kind of defeat the purpose of making the pet invisible, IMO. :\ But I guess it's unavoidable.

I'm bored with the program now. Playing dress up was fun, but none of my pets (save for Amelior) actually wear anything beyond jewelry or the odd hat or cloak. If they start adding/selling more clothing options, it might pique my interests again.

Does anyone know how long this beta stage might last?

EDIT: If you're pounding a pet, make sure you uncustomize them first. There's a blue grundo in the pound with no name, no stats, and which costs over 50 million NP to adopt, and people are theorizing it has something to do with the clothing option:

Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

How odd. I just found that pet in the pound -- there was no name buried in the source code, just a bunch of blank spaces.

TCD - you have a pet named Tumnus! This makes me happy.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I saw that guy last night too. I didn't pay any attention to the adoption cost, but wondered if it had some sort of weird name like %.