New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

You can convert these pets! Bournne, the_knight_who_sayni......

AHAHAHA!! No.
I am not converting ANYTHING, especially when my gorgeous grey ixi would look like a stoned old man, and my Usukiboy Usul looks like a girl with an ear-hat!

He is a MANLY man. A chicken, but a MANLY one. :P
ImageImageImage
Zap

Post by Zap »

Okay, I let it sink in. I'm not closing down my accounts forever just yet. The pets I have came off pretty lightly, with most of my pets that were automatically switched to the new style being some of the less atrocious of the conversions. I'm thanking my god-blessed stars particularly that my Darigan Bruce and Pteri have been spared being squashed into their ridiculous updated forms.

I cannot believe they're serious with this thing, though. What the hell?

Yes, the site layout has been largely the same since its conception, but shouldn't that underscore the necessity for a transition? Some kind of notice? A reasonable thing to have done would have been to draft some concepts for a new layout, run a poll with them, anything to ease such a drastic change for the users, many of whom have been in a routine for YEARS with the site as it was. Why create a shock like that? And to further alienate your oldbie players, introduce a new "style" for every pet on the site, all at once, no phasing in there, either? Why would you do such a thing if you were serious?! This is DEFYING LOGIC.

I don't want to hear anything about "TNT" and "logic" and "reasonable" either, okay?

They do not have a moron license.
Digital Kaizer Myuu

Post by Digital Kaizer Myuu »

Suddenly I'm happy my accounts were iced long, long ago before the horror that is the revamp happened to them.
Elentarien

Post by Elentarien »

What can I say but join the army of you wailing in disappointment over this?

The layout, in my opinion is negligible. I can't say I care one way or the other about the layout. But then, I did not have customized lookups, and while I'm not sure I care for this new one. . .I suppose I can get used to it the same as I got used to the other. No biggie. Then again, I didn't exactly LIKE the old one either, so its sort of a 'eh, whatever'. lol

But what gets me is the changes to our pets. My Tyrannian Kougra has lost the pose/look that I liked so much and now become just another kougra with fangs. My halloween uni that looked nice and. . .well more unique has now become just another uni with bony wings. *waaaaah!* On my other accounts, they're all ruined too, though I was not nearly so attached. The christmas zafara is sort of cute in the new way (I was a bit tired of the old art for it. . .) . Pretty much the ONLY pet that has (so far) escaped being ravaged is my Darigan peophin, who has the option to 'upgrade' him, but I'm not going to while given a choice. I don't care if he has anything to wear or not, I like him the way I got him!

But I have to agree. . .I thought the customizing would be an interesting addition to the site, but I thought we'd have a choice whether or not we'd change our pets to be customized. And the lack of poses in them? Its awful. :( But yeah, instead of freaking out, I'll wait and see what they've got planned. I have not been playing that much lately anyway. Doing my dailies more or less regularily, glancing around and thats about it. Now we'll see whether they intend on fixing this mess or leaving it.

Though I don't' get why they couldnt' have made neohomes more useful instead. :(
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

OMG! I opened my browser and my eyes nearly fell out of my head. XD Not much to say about it yet, but it's definitely a big change!
sgt_pooh

Post by sgt_pooh »

How horrible is it that I'm praying for Boochi? I just can't look at Tacerae without shuddering. I'd take a big headed baby just about now.

*still bitter after sleeping on it*

The rest I could live with...layouts, new boards...

but my pets. :(
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Meh.... They changed the eyes and the mouth of ghost ogrins... Now they don't look disturbingly cheery, but rather retarded...

You know that ugly thing from that photo is not me!

Yeah, I know is not you, but everyone who watches your petpage will see that first.

No kidding...
ImageImageImage
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I realized that if I use the Space Faerie Premium sidebar, even while I don't currently have Premium, I don't get advertisements. =D

This makes browsing much better, I almost like the layout. Hate that it sidescrolls because of my desktop set up, but it is managable now, with how little time I'm actually spending on the site.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh Lord, it gets worse.
You'll be able to adopt a pet, rip and strip it of any desired clothing. Then repound it.
Consider me part of the "I hope that's just a bug" crowd.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I hope this ISN'T a bug, honestly.

That way, they'll see than the customisation system is DOOMED by greed and idiocy, and will ditch it.

...or not.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I also hope it is not a bug. I'm also hoping everything they do from here on costs them so much of their precious money they go bankrupt within the year. Or at the very least, the Neopets movie shuts them down.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

That looks like the same thing I was talking about. Of note: the "stripped" pet still has all its items in my experiment; also, I've already pointed out that the petlookup doesn't necessarily match the other locations.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Huggles wrote:I also hope it is not a bug. I'm also hoping everything they do from here on costs them so much of their precious money they go bankrupt within the year. Or at the very least, the Neopets movie shuts them down.
Neo!Schadenfreude = my happy place.

Why does a complete server wipe never come along when it's wanted?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Odd, I don't get that black square at the top anymore for blocked ads, its just a sky of stars, Im using the Neovia sidebar. :O

I like the site now, the layout. Still getting used to it, but now I have to find a way to edit my lookup..x_@..of which I do not know how to do
Nothing To See Here
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

This totally surprised me when I opened up my browser (my home page being my pets quick ref) to see this. Talk about being taken back. I did some looking around, trying out and such. I'm getting use to the new layout. Give me enough time I'll be fine with it, it's not so bad..but I do have a DSL connection so I'm alright with when it loads. Though I"m not a fan of where they put some of these ads. I hate reading the news hand haveing right in the corner of my eye and Ad stareing right at me. It's very destracting, ugly and annoying. My poor lookup suffered so I totally took it down. I'm going to wait before I even try to figure out the codeing, that is if after a week I have the will power to do so.
My pets, my poor pets. Some of the drawings I don't mine. The lupe is good (I hate eyelashes on my Eris though!) so are the basic kougra and zafara (though my poor Alicorn, a christmas zafara, looks like her wings are pased on). A good chunk of these "updated" pets are bad though. I'm not a fan of the new look of the ixi, they just lost their charm and look stiff, my poor ixi. a lot of the redraws are ack and I feel bad for them not being able to stay as they were. I also don't like some of them holding up their hands/paws like they are going to be holding something. That just looks tacky. I'm not even going to bother labbing anymore cause all the pets I'm wanting will get this new look. So I shall wait and week and see to give my final judgement. If I don't like what they do in a week I'm not going to give my pets away or self freeze, I love my pets and stuff to much. I'll just probally peek in once in a blue moon or so. But my playing the site will defently become even less then it is now.
**sighs** Really, this was a good idea but very badly exicuted. **looks up** Boy did I ramble. ^_^"
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel