New neopets layout

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

I found a page that shows most of the customized (read, bastardized) versions of pets. The concentration of so much bad art in one place is astounding. View at your own risk.

http://www.neopets.com/~shieboo

Strangely enough, the Faerie Peophin seems to have escaped the carnage, at least according to that page. Could someone with a Faerie Peo please verify that for me? Do they have a nasty new version as well, or did they keep the old style?
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

dandelions wrote:I suspect it could be to stop people pounding their pets hastily, then finding out that the changes/glitches/whatever (eg, the Robot cybunny missing its casing, zapped pets not changing colour, etc) aren't permanent and demanding their pets back.
While I'm at a loss for the Robot Cybunny casing (my poor Antecedent), You can get your Lab Pet image to change by going into Customise Your Pet and changing something (ie the background) and saving the change. This seems to update the new pet image (but only if you make an actual change. You can then go back in to Customise your Pet and remove the change (if you don't want a background, etc) and resave. I found this out this morning when my Fire Gnorbu turned Starry.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

The Brown Ixi... He's staring at me...
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
ulyyf

Post by ulyyf »

In retrospect, and considering the editorial, this sounds like one big FUCK YOU to the rest of us. And not in the way you're thinking.

I mean, "You asked for it and you got it"?

Aside from usable clothes (which I think most people stopped asking for ages ago), what have we wanted? Really, really, *really* wanted?

Cheap paintbrushes? Maybe a way to curb paintbrush inflation? This is something we've talked about on NC over and over again.

And look. We've got it. Because TNT is evil.
Independent thought, independent dreams, independent lives. It's a thing worth dying for.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Some of the pets don't look bad, like the Ogrin and Lupe..Lupe's body looking rather short before, now its long and wolf like.
Nothing To See Here
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Neoschools also come to mind.

Seriously, if they were going to waste all this time, it could have at least been on something people have been asking for for YEARS. And actually asking, not like the made-up asking for a new layout bullshit.

I can see nothing but more inflation for paintbrushes.

Bang up job.

ETA: I won't lie when I say I actually like the new Blumaroo and Draik, but 2 out of 54 isn't that good.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

NyauNyau wrote:Some of the pets don't look bad, like the Ogrin and Lupe..Lupe's body looking rather short before, now its long and wolf like.
I do have to admit the Ogrin and Ruki look better than they used to, if such a thing is possible. I never thought the day would come, but I actually think I wouldn't mind owning an Ogrin now. :shock: I think that noise you just heard was the sound of Hell freezing over. *sigh*

Yeah, that whole "you asked for it and you got it" crap really burned me. What's that supposed to mean-- "be careful what you wish for" or something? Well, we got it, all right. We got screwed big time.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Has anyone else noticed the really odd "lines" on some of their neopets. On http://www.neopets.com/~shieboo , check out the blue Flotsam and the blue Gnorbu directly beneath it: there's this odd curved line running across both of their faces (there's one in a very peculiar place on the blue Lutari's neck). My Christmas Ogrin has it, too, but it goes away when I view him in the actual customization program (i.e., when he's bigger). It's really bugging me, but I'm not sure if I can get rid of it. :?

ETA:

Image This is just pathetic.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 28 Apr 2007 07:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Well, this does give me a reason to finally quit Neopets. My interest has waned over the years and the revamp just makes me want to walk away even more

Knowing me though, I'll probably stick around but I will put my Cybunny up for adoption. I hate the way it looks now and I know I'll never be able to paint him Rainbow
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Right now there is no legit option on neopets that lets you see what a pet colour you wanted would look like, unless you happen to find a converted pet of the same colour, right?
LΟL
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

No, but there is a 'Closet' slot on the quickstock page. That's almost the same right?

God, I hate new Neopets. I'm starting to get a concience.

But I'm still going to starve the new style ones. That's their punishment.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Oh, yes, yes it is. I'm so grateful they gave us that.
LΟL
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Sparrow wrote:I found a page that shows most of the customized (read, bastardized) versions of pets. The concentration of so much bad art in one place is astounding. View at your own risk.

http://www.neopets.com/~shieboo

Strangely enough, the Faerie Peophin seems to have escaped the carnage, at least according to that page. Could someone with a Faerie Peo please verify that for me? Do they have a nasty new version as well, or did they keep the old style?
I don't have one (only want one - or used to) but I believe they do have a pretty-much-a-recolor new version. I think that's a mistake on the page.

(Can someone who has one confirm?)

Looking at that page really depresses me.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Look at the RoyalGirl Kyrii. Just... look. ;_;
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Gazella Dama

Post by Gazella Dama »

Sparrow wrote:
NyauNyau wrote:Some of the pets don't look bad, like the Ogrin and Lupe..Lupe's body looking rather short before, now its long and wolf like.
I do have to admit the Ogrin and Ruki look better than they used to, if such a thing is possible.
I disagree :[ Heqaaib went from this:

to this

Sad forever, seriously. I think he was my favorite pet.