Battling and whatnot..

Neopets topics not covered by the other forums go here.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I've been using two Enchanted Wooden Bow, Scarab Rings, and a Greater Healing Scroll on my psychotic penguin and it's done good for me so far.

I do have a small question to ask though. I was listening to someone on the IDB forums (someone doesn't learn lessons too well) and they said that you can train your endurance to three times your level instead of two like all the other stats. However, whenever I try to train my anything but endurance, I get an error message telling me to raise my level.

Is the whole endurance training thing true, or am I shoving a fork in the outlet once again?
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Yes, that's correct. You can train your endurance up to three times your level but to train anything else no stat can be above twice your level. So with your current stats you'd have to train your level to 27, then train strength/defense.
LΟL
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

(to cranberry again.. :/ )

My pet is currently a faerie poogle, because that is what he was when i stopped labbing :P I was intended for him to be a darigan aisha eventually but now TNT has shat all over that one, so I need to figure out my new goals really.. meh.

But, you have been incredibly helpful Cranberry, can tell your very passionate about it all :D so, basically to summarise, my hit list is :

- Wand of Reality
- One of the clubs (stone / ice)
- Honey Potion (have)
- A freezer (Snowglobe Staff / Black Frost Cannon)
- A healer (depends on pet species)
- Downsize!
- Possibly Prickly Pear
- Spare

Plus the faerie abilities Burrow and Sink, (+ Regeneration, Restore, Healing Vapour?). Thank you so much Cranberry you are actually a star :D

Also, DD, I learnt that the hard way.. A pet with level 20, HP 360 -_- So now I'm in the process of training up to level 180, so I can start on the defence which is also around 20. And its costing a fortune :/
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Prickly Potion, not pear, but yeah, that looks pretty good! I'd toss a winged scarab or purple sticky hand in the "spare" slot depending on who you're fighting (if it's an opponent with a thyoras tear to steal, use the hand, and if it's one that deals a lot of physical, the scarab). But that set should help you win quite a few 1-player battles, and when you decide to sell, the prices (except possibly on the prickly potion, as it's new) shouldn't have deflated much, if at all. Just don't buy right now, because "war" inflation is crazy.

Also, activate the drain life ability, too. It can be incredibly useful against an enemy with tons of hit points, because it drains some from him and gives them to you.

(I had an unbalanced pet like that, too, and it cost me a lot of NP and took a lot of time to train up his defence... but it was worth it. Like I said, though, it matters a lot more in 2-player than in 1-player.)