Not Getting PM Alerts?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Not Getting PM Alerts?

Post by Enriana »

I set my profile to email me when I got a new PM.

Yesterday it was working fine, and now I'm not getting any. I've tried deleting and readding my email address, checking my junk folder, turning the alert off and on again, and no luck.

Am I the only one having this problem?

My MSN is wonky, and I use Hotmail as my primary email, so it's possible that the problem is on my end, in which case I apologize.

I'm half-expecting to get all of the alerts, belatedly, two days from now, heh. Will keep this post updated.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Have you tried checking your junk mail? That's where all my alerts seemed to end up before I noticed :|
Subeta
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

Yep, and no luck - before this the alerts went straight into my inbox, and now they have seemed to taken a vacation. My MSN is behaving now, so I don't think these two things are related.

Hotmail isn't the best of emails, though, and it's possible they'll come all at once, belatedly.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Just posting to say I don't actually know what's happening but can confirm it's also happening to me, so I'm off to phpbb.com and see if this is something common. It's quite possible it's because the email headers don't quite match up - you can specify that emails from a forum come from any address at all - and hotmail's blocking it as a measure against email spoofing.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I use gmail and I'm not getting any either, so it isn't just a hotmail thing.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I use gmail (but read all my messages in Thunderbird) and I'm not getting any topic reply notifications...
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

According to the lovely folks at phpBB.com, we've probably got the site blacklisted onto a list of spam sites; it doesn't take many people deleting notifications and marking as spam for the mail providers to blacklist you, apparently. What I am probably going to do is set it up so that the email comes from a different account, likely my own gmail account, and see if they start working again.

---

reposting for an edit:
Notification emails are now set up to come from neocolours@hotmail.co.uk. Make sure your email accounts are set up to receive mail from this address, and tell me if notifications are getting through (and to which email providers).

---

and another edit:
That email definitely isn't working...does anyone have any better ideas? How likely are emails from slashcity.com likely to get through spam filters? (I'm not so concerned that they're flagged as spam, more as unsuitable; I know slashcity's submitted itself to things like NetNanny.)
Kari

Post by Kari »

Been requested to post this...

Anubimon got logged out, and forgets his password. Without the email working, is there a way he can get back into his account?
derp
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

All email notifications are now working again, and are from admin@neocolours.me.uk. The forum ought to be able to resend any emails it didn't send before (password requests, account validation links), though obviously post-dated PM notifications are not going to come through.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

Thanks for getting that fixed, it's nice to be able to log in again. =D It's weird that my password didn't work. Do you know if there's any reason for that? There's a chance I may have been using a wrong password, but I don't think I was...
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!