New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Goldenchaos »

Boo.. Im not going to be able to cap any of these new monsters..They're all too hard now. :\
Image Image
ImageImage
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

After debating with myself for a while, I went ahead and used the Gelert Transmog potion I'd been saving, so Drilax could use the Gelert Healing Remedy I'd also been saving, so he could last longer in a fight and consequently defeat more baddies. Except now the lag's so bad once I actually get IN a fight that I barely have the patience to take down two or three of each per wave. Ha! It's official, I'm an idiot. At least Drilax looks badass now.

Huh. I just got the Welcoming Committee achievement, but I have no idea how. It was at the end of my first fight with a Zealot (the ones that start out at 100 HP ).
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Jazzy wrote:The highest spectres have appeared in the BD (though aren't released yet) and I'm not exactly happy with their rating. We've now had 9 opponents in this war of difficulty 100 and below...can we have one challenging opponent, please? Just one? I'm not begrudging weaker battlers the chance, but I'm so bored of one-hit kills on tedious enemies.

(And I don't mean "you've had 9 enemies below 100 difficulty, that should be enough easy opponents - now it's time for the battle stage where every player has to attack the same 100000 difficulty boss".)
I agree, it would be nice to have a difficulty 300 guy, at least. A lot of Neopians can't cap the 100 guy, though, which is something!

I'm having a decent time... aside from the lag. I don't understand why it's so bad. It should actually be less laggy than last time because the opponents are harder and it's a weekday; there should be fewer people fighting than there were during the first set of baddies last weekend.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

The Welcoming Committee - Solution: Defeat one Shadow Spectre Destroyer, one Shadow Spectre Conqueror and one Shadow Spectre Zealot.

Woo.

Im thinking of getting a Golden Compass... since a lot of these things do light damage, and I don't have anything that defends against it.
Image Image
ImageImage
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

A question for the BD enthusiasts. My battle pet has 400 hp and 163 strength but my weapons are kind of bleh (attacking weapons are Ghostkerchief Dagger and Bone Sceptre). Are there any weapons I could buy that would be a major improvement? My limit is 2 million and I was wondering if it would be better to buy from Fyora's Tower since prices can't inflate

Of course, someone who's already done with the Battledome could be awesome and lend me some stuff but I don't think that's the case
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

a lot of people on the boards seem to be liking on Ylanas Blaster and the Golden Compass. Maybe try those?
Image Image
ImageImage
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

The only reason I want to avoid weapons outside of the Tower is because they're probably insanely inflated and if I do buy and eventually want to sell, it'll be at a loss
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

You won't get anything decent in the tower for two million. The first main attacker I'd suggest buying from there is Kelpbeards Trident, and it's nine mil. Everything under that is way too weak for the price. I'd lend you a Y-blaster, but I've lent both of them out at the moment and I think the people are still using them. They're the best you'll get for under 2 mil, but yeah, everything's pretty inflated at the moment.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Yeah, I did some research and it looks like the Portable Kiln is the best out of the bunch but I've decided against purchasing anything for now. I do have enough NP for the more expensive items but I can't really justify buying a BD item I won't use after the plot is over. I mean, I could sell it but I'd still be losing money in the end
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah everything is so inflated! I had a golden compass lying around from a guild battle contest we had where we had a severe NP limit on our sets. Anyway I sold it the other day for 200k. I didn't need it.

And gelerts are the best! I love gelert healing remedy, it seems Braedan getting zapped into a grey gelert all those years ago was fortuitous in more ways than one. It forced me to start codestone training him, it kept him nice and unconverted, and his gelert healing remedy.

I'd like a few more expensive weapons myself but I am DEFINITELY waiting until the plot is over. I easily capped these baddies even with my cheap set, because I have poured my neopoints into training. I wouldn't mind a higher difficulty opponent either, but I am happy that most of Neopia can participate in this plot as well, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Meh, I finally died to a Zealot at 15 wins. I really need another weapon to cap it
EofS

Post by EofS »

You might have a Golden Compass in your sdb if you did... I think it was the Tarla plot earlier this year. I was very happy to find one in mine because of that.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

This round of battling is annoying. They don't release enough damn Zealots, so it's hard to fight more than 2 or 3 per wave. I wanna cap and get it over with!
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

♫ Furies to the left of me
Zealots to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with LAG ♫

I have a wild imagination that's prone to even wilder speculation, but...since they mentioned it being Balthazar Unappreciation Day in the news, I wonder if he's involved in the plot somehow. I mean, since he despises faeries and all.

ETA: Heh, and of course the lag's gone on my end now. Public complaining FTW.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Rakumel wrote:♫ Furies to the left of me
Zealots to the right
Here I am
Stuck in the middle with LAG ♫

I have a wild imagination that's prone to even wilder speculation, but...since they mentioned it being Balthazar Unappreciation Day in the news, I wonder if he's involved in the plot somehow. I mean, since he despises faeries and all.
Well, if he wasn't before, he is now. I'm not really surprised to see him in the middle of this; he does want the faeries out of Neopia, for whatever reason makes sense in his head. Also? Heh. =D

In other news, I've finally capped everything, and have that plaguey six up six down achievement. I didn't have problems with any of them, but I had to restart the achievement a couple of times. Why they couldn't simply release full-on waves, and let us worry about finding the ones we need, when we need them, is beyond me. Took me forever to find enough of 4 to get that cap. -.-

I so hope there's more after these guys. A mini/boss combo, at the very least. And no, I don't mean what Jazzy linked up there either. But something more would be so appreciated. As it is, I do appreciate the codestone, etc. drops they've added in. They've made it easy for me to keep fighting. Not that I was in any danger of being bored yet, yanno. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.