New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Cranberry »

I don't understand this. If you're in a room with two green doors, how do you make the peg go out the proper green door? It just keeps going back and forth out the same damn door. I really don't want to throw my beloved computer out the window, but I'm getting close to doing just that.

Edit: Finally made it out somehow and got the congrats screen, but all three achievements are still greyed out. If that didn't count, I am going to find Mr. Insane and throw HIS computer out the window.
Last edited by Cranberry on 02 Oct 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madge

Post by Madge »

As far as I was able to determine, it's purely random in that case - I ran an identical sequence from the same room twice and both times it went different ways.

So just keep trying =/
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I just want to battle things. Seriously, that's all I want.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

ok i finally got the ice cream one and the one for all i am done for today :P * MY BRAIN HURTS* sorry python moment so tomorrow i will try to get that last one for the random room
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Dear god this puzzle sucks! If you could pick which peg to move and it didn't move all of them at once I think it would be a bit better. But dear lord this puzzle sucks, I just keep going back and forth.
Ditto Cranberry, I just want to hit things!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

So I have all the 'Sub-Deed' things and escaped, yet the overall 'Nox's Locks' thing is still greyed out. Apparently a glitch? Eh, it was kind of fun once I had all three groups together. A massive headache until that point however.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

That puzzle was painful to slog through. Ugh!

I got all 3 achievements though. The 'Nox's Locks' thing is a glitch.

So glad it's over.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Aww, man! I had to go through that twice to get all 3 achievements. Now my head hurts. :( But, hey, this is a pretty good plot so far. The steps seem to be a bit far apart, though, but I can't really complain because I've been getting tons of homework from my classes, and I'd hate to miss a step or something because of it.

And they may have fixed the glitch, because it shows that I've completed it.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, the Fort Knox Fearless Deed eludes me. I did one game where i went through every room. :-(
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I got the three achievements last night. I have to say, I do not like this achievements thing that makes us replay the puzzles, I'm assuming for more plot points. It's the lazy way of making us earn plot points.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I actually like being able to replay the puzzles personally - just because it makes it less stressful that you must get everything right the first time. Especially if you discover the step when it's newly released. I assume though that you won't get credit for playing it again and again - just for each unique thing you do.
Fury

Post by Fury »

The puzzle was boring as hell but I managed to achieve all 3 achievements. 'Fort Nox' took me a few games to get but I got it after all!

I'm loving the characters in this plot and the art in the comic has been absolutely gorgeous. I hope the puzzles get more intense and perhaps... maybe... a bit of battling? 8) The main thing I want out of all of this is a bitchin' avatar and side theme.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I quite enjoyed this puzzle one I worked out what was going on, and that all the pegs move at the same time. I still need the third achievement but I'm going to have a little break before trying again. It's fun, but infuriating!

Otherwise artwork is great, and kudos for the attention to detail to whoever at TNT realised that 'Ground floor' =/= '1st floor' in British English. I notice these things :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i enjoyed this one as well i got the all for one and the ice cream yesterday today i finally got the fort nox one on my first try of the day. i just wish there was something to fight already but the puzzles are superb.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Figuring out how the peg behavior worked when going up and down flights of stairs is what threw me off so bad. Once I had that taken care of the rest was pretty easy. Got the Fort Nox (yay for a reference to my home state!) one while stumbling around trying to figure the whole debacle out.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets