Pokemon D/P/Pt discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon D/P discussion

Post by Joey »

Ok, totally had to post this lovely link: http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemon.php The challenge is to see how many of the first 151 you can name in 12 minutes. I'm ashamed to say that I only managed 115. (I'd like to say 117, as I had thought of two more and was typing them as time ran out, but I don't think that counts.) I know I could have named them all if I had been given enough time, but where's the fun in that? So who can beat me?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I managed 122 but I was stuck after 11 minutes. Stupidly I forgot one of the legendary Pokemon which is pretty much in a group of three and I got the other two.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I got 60-something. I realized it would be much easier to name them in the order of the Pokerap than in numerical order, since I have that darn rap memorized, so I tried that and got stuck after the first line :oops:
derp
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

I actually thought of that, as I also had it memorized, but certain werewolf type things have scarred me for life over that song...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm horrible at this sort of thing because my first pokemon game was Ruby, so... to me, those are the "original." ^_~
Image Image
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

I got 127.

I don't know if I should be proud or wonder what I'm doing with my life.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Quick reminder that the TRU event is this weekend... partially a reminder to myself, hehe.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Not just for yourself! I'd have forgotten! Thank you! I hope I remember tomorrow, too. Heh. I have a really short attention span. ;_;
Image Image
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

This might be old news/a little late, but if you got Darkrai at the event, you can soft-reset before talking to the man at the Pokemart, so you can get a nature/stats you want.

Question on chaining - do the "Event Pokemon" (like Eevee or Chansey or whatever he tells you is in the garden) appear with the Pokeradar, or am I just phenomenally unlucky? Because I have spent three days trying to find one Eevee with that thing, and not a one. Everything else times a million, though.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Yea, I got the Timid Darkrai I wanted, not very good IVs, but whatever..thats good enough.

I havent tried to chain for either of those...sounds like theyre just rare.
Image Image
ImageImage
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

WisteriaLynx wrote:Question on chaining - do the "Event Pokemon" (like Eevee or Chansey or whatever he tells you is in the garden) appear with the Pokeradar, or am I just phenomenally unlucky? Because I have spent three days trying to find one Eevee with that thing, and not a one. Everything else times a million, though.
They have a 5% chance of showing up, which is weird, since Zangoose are less rare (8% with Ruby inserted into the GBA slot), yet I've ran into more Eevees and Chanseys than even one Zangoose.

Oh, and I'm opening up a new thread for those who want Darkrai later on today.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

http://www.sporcle.com/games/pokemongen2.php

They did a generation 2 quiz. I got 72/100. I'm still beating myself up inside for missing Stantler.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Now Deoxys is apparently going to be given away at gamestops the weekends of June 20-22 and 27-29.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/G ... way_Deoxys
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I got about 138 on the Generation 1 quiz. :D Can't believe I forgot Paras and Parasect though; I like them :(

And I got 88 on the Generation 2 one. How in the hell did I miss Marrill, Snubbull, Donphan, and Wooper? o_O I got freaking DUNSPARCE for chrissakes...

Pokemon Ranch apparently comes out today, as a $10 Wiiware download (in the US, anyway). Looks adorable as hell, plus you can get a Mew and Phione from it :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That is fantastic news, Joey! Especially because I keep forgetting to hit Goldenchaos up for hers. Heehee.

Derek will let me get Pokemon Ranch solely because he's in love with Wiiware. Yay! (By the way, the defend your castle game on there is pure brilliance. So is that adorable one where you control the wind.)
Image Image