Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Marah »

I can't get it to load for me :( I thinkI managed to give Rakumel one kiss and now it's gone again.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I can get it to load, albeit very, very slowly. Even so, it appears the issues from yesterday still haven't been fixed, still can't turn in the second set of fish, which makes me wonder what they were even doing during said downtime. ":D" wasn't exactly informative or helpful.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I was able to get on for a brief period this morning. Site was hardly lagging for me, though there were only about 100 people logged on at the time. I still haven't caught enough fish to try to turn a second batch into Skitters, but other things like quests, interest, and job income had been reset and I was able to get some those out of the way before the site crashed again.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I can kiss Rakumel in Internet explorer, I can't do anything else. No fishing for me.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I have a feeling this plot will have a very abrupt ending, seeing as we're in March now and the Masquerade is gonna start soon.
Well...I have no idea when the Masquerade actually does start, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Epidemic plot just suddenly wrapped up and called it quits.

But what makes matters worse is....what was it called again? That issue where people are trying to keep users from accessing a website. But anyways, the fact that that issue is just causing more rage with Subeta in general, it's all just a giant mess.
It was just all bad timing.

Though when it comes to the userbase, you get both ends of the spectrum on whether or not staff is dealing with the mishap professionally...
I personally have no qualms with staff. Just hoping that they can combat the issue and pull through. I have faith in them, despite any disappointments in the past.

Don't know if I have any right to say such things. P:
But I really look forward to seeing the site come back up, hopefully this evening!
I miss just randomly browsing the site and working on my pets. xD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

DDOS, Runic.

What are you guys saying about a second batch? Do I need to catch more than just 10 fish?!
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

DDOS, thanks for helping! x3

Yeah, after you give your team leader the 10 fish, they ask you to fish for 10 more.
After you finish the second batch, you'll be done with the step for good. ^^
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

And, it's still up and down like a yo-yo.

Question: how are people buying and selling these fish? None of the zombie fishing items will come up as anything but "display" for me. Are people buying and selling through the Trade Center, or is the Shop Wiz working for everyone but me?

Another Question: I can't turn the fish in to Skitters... but I don't think I've finished the second batch, either. Is that broken for everyone else at the moment?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I like how their apology for the inaccessible site is a free shop giveway that no one can access. Stay logical, Subeta.

And from what I can tell, the fish turning in is broken in several different ways. It's supposed to give you an achievement when you turn in 10 fish, then a second achievement when you turn in a second set of 10. When I turned in my first 10, I got both achievements, but Skitters still asked for more fish. Keith says, helpfully, "Click on the link Skitters gives you, and this will turn in the fish." I click the link, the page refreshes, nothing changes, and the fish stay in my inventory. I got both achievements but can't get to the final dialogue page.

Other people got the first achievement, but can't turn in their second set for the second achievement. Other people can't even turn in their first 10 for the first achievement.

Long story short: everything is broken.
Runic

Post by Runic »

Ouch....I really thought the site would stay up. And it's still going up and down. =(
I'm disappointed, cause I'm trying to stay optimistic. But I'm feeling let down a little each time.

Please, staff. Please get it straightened out.
At this point, I don't care about the plot. I just want my good old Subeta back, even if it means no plot for some time. Until the site can function weekly w/o having constant yo-yo downtime, I think plots and big events need to be put aside for a little while.

That's just my personal opinion on the matter.
I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think the general consensus wants to have a really stable website. We want better communication with staff.
I know I'm just a lowly user, but I just wanted to express my disappointment with how things have been lately.
Subeta has been my home for 5 years now. I don't want to lose everything I've had for those 5 years, cause I really have nowhere else to go as far as petsites go.

That's all I have to say....I care too much. I'm sorry. D:
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I just lost six fish because of bullshit and now I can't turn in any more. I'd open a ticket but what are the odds. Yay.

I'm sure the staff is tired of hearing bitterness from their users, but when the experience from our end is so goddamn miserable, they're gonna have to suffer with our unhappiness. I continue to express my unhappiness in the form of not giving them money. Not that it's made a difference with the quality of the site, of course, but at least I have more money than I would if the site were good...? I'll keep giving it to companies who are more reliable in every way. (I love you, Three Rings.)
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

Okay I'm going to repeat this question: is anybody else incapable of properly loading subeta in firefox or is it just me? It works better and better in internet explorer but if I try to switch back to firefox (where all my links are and which should work better with subeta) I just get a weird page, like this:

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l409 ... tled-1.jpg

And it goes on and on and on.

Also I have my last 10 fish and I can't get Skitters to take them. bleh.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Well, that was a half-baked way to end the plot. Is that seriously going to be it? I'm glad all the running around and refreshing and fishing was such a productive use of our time.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

It doesn't seem like it's ended to me. I was finally able to hand in my second batch of fish and Skitters now has a "come back later" message. All that appears to have changed is Fantine moved to the underground and some fake cures came out. Am I missing something?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm

Post by bonecrivain »

Ah, maybe the Ecks virus will take down the zombie cure now. It just seemed like a half-hearted wrap-up. Site's back up, Fantine moves underground, cures come out, time to stop being a zombie and move on with your life.