DM Kumos and Fester Revamps

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Re: DM Kumos and Fester Revamps

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'm not fond of the new Kumos, either. The old one, to me, had almost a forlorn, hopeless look - something about the combination of the position of the head tilted upward, the thinner body, and the shape of its eyes make appear as though it is a sad, doomed being, forever wandering the wastelands it was corrupted in. The new one, not so much - primarily because of the overall lack of thinness, muzzle included.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I like the Kumos update. I like that it has more meat to it and that they legs don't look so stretched. And the neck doesn't look broken anymore. I do wish that it didn't have the wide eyed look. I think I would enjoyed a more narrowed eyed look like the old one seem to have. But I don't own one (anymore, use to when I first join) so I can live with it. My wife on the other hand does own one and she's very happy with it. So her happy makes me happy (which is how it usually works XD). Great job Arbor!

The fester I'm meh about. I'm just not into the species all that much. I do like the face though. I'm not a fan of the pose though I see what they are getting at. And I feel the moehawk stands out to much. My eyes keep drawing it, making me pay more attention to it then the rest of the pet.

In all, I've been pretty happy with the new/revamped darkmatters. Keep up the good work artist!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I don't own either one, but I think both are solid revamps. I agree that the Kumos would have benefited from having more narrowed eyes, but that is such an easy overlay fix that it's really a non-issue. I can't understand why so many are mourning the weight gain, when it was clear even from the early days that the DM Kumos was outdated and did not match even the pre-revamp, non-redraw pose.

It's actually a shame that it wasn't revamped until now, because people have gotten so used to that image and would project its proportions onto the rest of the species, when it was the one that was truly drawn horrendously thin. That one was (unintentionally) a maned wolf when every other Kumos clearly had the proportions of a shepherd/wolf mix.
firost-the-dragon

Post by firost-the-dragon »

okay.... i kinda likes the anatomy better on the old kumos, but the new one...

it just has such a cute face! :D

not much to say on the Fester though (and also, i recently learned what fester even meant... not happy lol) and its pose it kinda awkward. its mohark couldve been another colours, but other than that, i say 5.6 of a possible 10.
see this picture and more at http://www.darkpidgeot10.deviantart.com . this is by ME!!!