Baby Lupe Scarves (UPDATE: delivered to your door!)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Baby Lupe Scarves (UPDATE: delivered to your door!)

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So someone on the HC tonight pointed out something that's interesting and a little odd. I own a baby Lupe, Silvercloud. He was adopted from the Pound as a Blue Lupe, and Boochified on my main account years ago; he's never switched accounts or been transferred in all that time. And he looks like this.
Spoiler: open/close
But this HCer was looking for inspiration among the Lupe colours at the Rainbow Pool, which is when she came across the picture of the Baby Lupe there. Which has always looked the same, until now, when it looks like this.
Spoiler: open/close
That Baby Lupe is wearing a spotted scarf. Since none of the pets at the Rainbow Pool have glitched images any more, I can only assume that the colour has been tweaked, and that Baby Lupes now come with this cute little scarf. It's a bit odd that they haven't announced it anywhere, but a new PB clothing item is not to be sneezed at. I just wish Silver had one-- it'd look absolutely darling on him.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 09 Oct 2009 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EofS

Re: Slightly updated Baby Lupe... maybe?

Post by EofS »

Oooh, interesting. Does this mean they're going to give clothes back the baby pets they stole them from? I always loved the baby's lupe's neckerchief. One of the few places baby pet clothing really worked.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This is definitely new, because I did the Baby females manually a few weeks ago, and only about half the Babies kept their old clothes (eg mynci doesn't, kyrii does). Lupes from the Rainbow Pool didn't have the scarf at the time. I'll have a look through and see if our images need updating.

They've not quite fixed all the glitches, if we're pointing them out:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ecies=buzz
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I always loved the old design with the bandana, and I was sad that the bandana was taken away when everything was customized. But it may be like a few cybunny cases (desert and halloween), where the pet originally had the item, it got taken away during customization for whatever reason, but now it's being returned. :D But, yay!
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ohhh, is this like what they did with the halloween cybunnies? They lost their capes in the rehaul, but we were given the cape item into our inventories a while later :3
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

I hope Baby Gnorbu's get thier ittle bibs back as well!

i also agree, baby lupes suck without thier Neckerchiefs!
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

It's not just baby lupes apparently.
Jellyneo item database has the following under their 50 newest items section:
Desert Krawk (beard), Robot Aisha (collar), Christmas Quiggle (shoes), Mutant Aisha) collar, Maraquan Aisha (collar). Also there's a island-ish looking wreath that for some reason has Baby Gelert Collar under it.

Here's maraquan aisha with its collar for instance:
Image Image
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

If anyone sees that a pet has been updated on Neopets itself, if you post the colour and species here I'll try and update our database :) Where possible, if you could indicate whether it affects both the male and females, I'd be grateful; for some reason, some colours don't have accessories for one gender, like the strawberry aisha.
Rainbow Daydreamer

A Mutant Aisha collar? Well, darn. Maddie was a Mutant Aisha a couple of weeks ago, I could've got something interesting out of it. (I can never have enough mix-and-match clothes for that guy.)

EDIT: We can has update, people!

A poster on the HC says that a staff member has told her that she will be sent a scarf to go with her already-painted Lupe sometime in the next few weeks.
Thanks for writing. As you may have noticed, baby lupes have recently been given back their adorable polka dot bandannas. If your lupe is missing this bandanna because it was painted before they were released then you should be receiving a bandanna shortly.
Not only new clothing, but home delivery too. Don't TNT rock?

(mod note: instead of double-posting, please edit your post)
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Baby Lupe Scarves (UPDATE: delivered to your door!)

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

ohh this could be interesting i wonder what else will be returned to the pets this whole customization thing has diffidently opened a HUGE can of worms for TNT. i think most of the paint brush clothes are nice but rather expensive in some ways to get them.
varii

Post by varii »

Woah woah woah. Maraquan Aisha collars? Does this mean that mutant/maraquan aishas can wear any collar? And more importantly, can the maraquan aisha collar fit on the standard aisha?

Guess I am going to start zapping aishas because I need that collar.
rei @ neopets
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I believe that redraw and standard colors are not able to wear each other's clothes - TNT gets by with the minimal amount of work if redraw clothing is for specific redraws only. Isn't that the situation with the existing redraw clothing (e.g., Baby Skeith's jammies, Mutant Usul's ribbons)?
stitchedreams

Post by stitchedreams »

Aww that's more like it! :D
I hope baby moehogs would get their bibs back soon!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

*dumps confetti on TNT*
This is /amazing/ 8D I always loved that little bandanna, and was sad when it went.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Rainbow Daydreamer

Unconfirmed reports from the HC say the first of the Lupe scarves have shipped. Most people don't have theirs yet, though, so there may be other factors involved. I'll post if we get any more information.