Revamped BR Anyu

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Iggy

Revamped BR Anyu

Post by Iggy »

ImageImage

Considering the old one was close to the bottom in rankings (In the bottom top 10), it was a much needed revamp. I really like the face. It obviously attacked something...or someone. And, you'll be next on the list.

I am trying to find an aspect that was NOT improved with this revamp. And, I cannot. Therefore, good job Rah.
kerise1

Re: Revamped BR Anyu

Post by kerise1 »

I wish the little wings at the feet were bigger, but that's a really minor nitpick xD Great revamp!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Gotta say, I always did have a soft spot for the old BR Anyu. Sure it wasn't anything too exciting, but I just liked it. Same with the BR Montre, which I'll be sad when that gets revamped.
The new one though certainly fits BR well, just look at all the blood streaming down! I love it's determined expression and how he looks intelligent rather then just bloodthirsty. So yeah, amazing revamp Rah!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

The first few redraws of the current Anyu didn't really leave me impressed and I thought the species would be doomed. But lately now, I've seen such amazing art with this species. This revamped Bloodred one is no exception.

It is wonderfully gruesome. I love the big chest fur and the blood trickling down it's muzzle, chest and legs. My only nitpick is that it looks too calm for a bear that just finished it's kill. I think it was done this way because the roaring pose is already taken by the Hydrus. Still, a bit of a snarl or show of teeth would have been loved. ^^
But aside from that, the expression is executed nicely.

All in all, a great revamp! Much appreciation to Rah. =)
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

HOLY COW AWESOME.

It is a little dark for me - probably just my monitor - but I really like it. REALLY like it.

It's so cold and gruesome and bloody and aieee. I want to hug it, but it would EAT ME.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The face makes the Anyu look a bit mentally retarded. Like a kid with Down's syndrome. It makes me more sad to look at this than it does to think it's trying to look ferocious.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

My only nitpick is that it looks too calm for a bear that just finished it's kill.
Ahah!

That's the magic with having two bear pets! The Anyu has the ANGRY expression in Hydrus, the Chai has the "I will rip your face off" expression.

With this one, the Chai is the one roaring at you and aiming the claws for your googly eyes.

I like than Rah brings variations with both of her bear pets. It's not "One is always cuddly and one is always badass!"
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Hey, now I know why I like this revamp; the face reminds me of some of the dogs on Ginga Densetsu Weed! Like one of the dogs just came out of a fight successful, and is like, "You sure you wanna take me on now?" AWESOME. 8D
Silverevilchao wrote:
My only nitpick is that it looks too calm for a bear that just finished it's kill.
In my opinion, that makes it even scarier. It's not one bit fazed by the fact that it just tore someone into bloody little chunks. It's a freaking sociopath. o.o;;
Well, since you put it that way, I understand it more now. ^^
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 21 Oct 2009 01:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

In my opinion, that makes it even scarier. It's not one bit fazed by the fact that it just tore someone into bloody little chunks. It's a freaking sociopath. o.o;;
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Yay for bloodred love! Bloodred has always been one of my top favorite colours so I'm always happy to see new colours. And we got new colours two days in a row, eeee! I hope that trend keeps up. **wiggles**

Anywho, the anyu is soooo much better then the old one. It needed an update badly. And it's a great update. The blood looks so nice. The calm pose/look fits it great. It's sizing you up just before it mauls you. XD Great job with this one Rah!
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

HOLY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES THIS IS AWESOME.
No, seriously, I don't think I've ever liked an Anyu this much before! :O The calm face is a really nice touch, and.. what can I say? I really like this, and it's hard for me to think straight right now since I just got up |D So.. yeah. Great job, Rah! :D
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie