Graveyard Mahar

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Amphigorey
Human Avatar: 435031

Graveyard Mahar

Post by Amphigorey »

...Wow. This completely makes up for the lack of detail on the Montre. It has EYES! In its BODY! And not on it's face! Well, not where they should be, anyway.

The pose is a tad awkward, but to me it looks like none of its eyes can figure out which way it's supposed to be going so it just stumbles around blindly. Which is awesome.

This may be my new favorite GY pet :D

Amusing news post, too:
You wanted to see new pets, did you? Well, so did the graveyard mahar, and now it cannot stop seeing. Be careful what you wish for!
Saturn

Re: Graveyard Mahar

Post by Saturn »

Remember when the Mahar came out and we had that big thread about what the GY would look like, with maybe skulls or eyeballs or something imbedded in its skin instead of the gems?

Looks like we gave somebody ideas. XD Creepy and disturbing, I love it!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's soooooo cool. I love it. I love the colors on the eyes, haha. I kind of want one so Pracer can finally have a friend. They could talk about eyes all day.
Image Image
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

HOLY FREAKING HELL IT HAS EYEBALL GEMS.

If I can think of a personality, I might get this one. SO PRETTY. Well, pretty might not be the best word. SO AWESOME. There, that's better.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I must know who the Mahar artist is. Is it still Jill?

Anyways, this Mahar is beautiful. I love the eye-like gems and the blindness. Looks like someone scratched his poor eyes out. I just want to take him home and love him to death.
The perspective and body angel is kind of weird, but that is really minor. I see that he's just stumbling around trying to find his way. =)
Aisu
Human Avatar: 314900

Post by Aisu »

This is the coolest graveyard pet ever. A++++
Purr

Post by Purr »

This is really disturbing... HOW DOES A DEAD MAHAR GET EYEBALLS STUCK TO IT? Good job, nonetheless. Just... really, really, freaking creepy...
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm loving what the artist is doing with the recent Mahars! I wasn't keen on any of the previous redraws, but the DM and now GY have proven to be really excellent.
The eyes are awesome and like Amphigorey said, I love how it can't seem to decide which way it should go. And the earring was turned into a little skull! Awesome! (Did you notice that Ty?)
One of the best graveyards by far.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, and I'm glad I don't collect pets with skulls on them. I'd have too many waradors. But at least I'd have a nightmare kora. And this. So cool!

I forgot to comment on how much I also love the stitches. It's like Event Horizon. *hearts*
Image Image
Keshi~

Post by Keshi~ »

The Mahar artist is still Nyx aka Jill
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Good God, this might be the most frightening Subeta pet ever :shock: The eyes, how lost it looks, the tiny details . . . the milky, horrible EYES.

10/10 Jill!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Sayle

Post by Sayle »

Jill is amazing. I loved the DM Mahar, and I love this, even though I don't own any graveyards and am not fond of the color. Love the forlorn pose, the way the eyes are looking all over the place, the colours, the details, the entire concept; everything! I want to revamp a pet's personality just to have this. :D
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

Somebody with more talent than me needs to make an animated overlay, with the eyes all blinking at random times. It must be done.

I want this pet so bad, but my lack of slots + refusal to own more than one of each species is preventing me from doing so. D: Jill has really brought the Mahars into the spotlight lately.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hah! Blinking animation! I don't support many animations. But that could end up really impressive.

One of my favorite creepy images is actually from an Anita Blake book--someone had a belt made of, like, eyelids, and when she brushed up against it, they all blinked, and she felt dozens of eyelashes against her skin. Sweet.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That's really disgusting.

I mean that in a good way. I would never ever own one, but it definitely accomplished what it set out to do.