Layout 'n all that

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

*nods* My main problem was what Cheese said, I didnt like the hyperlink look.

I could see how it could be useful, a basic version of the quote feature, just bold the name so it is apparent you are reffering to what they are saying, add a dash and make your point.

But I doubt it would ever be that useful, and saving bandwidth is more important than a seldom used feature. Thanks for removing it. ^^

As for an actual layout... I can post the basic version I made earlier, though I'll probably shrink the banner/incorperate Jazzy's banner, or something. With what I have, all Joeno should have to do is go through and add various classes to things, and maybe a DIV.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

The new banner also bothers me slightly because it has no yellow. I know the scorshio is both orange and yellow, but you've bothered to have the 2 shades of purple...

Nothing major but it bothers me slightly.

I say botheres, I don't really care.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

We couldn't find a nice pet that was yellow enough, hee. They all had big eyes in a different colour, or patches, or bits of brown.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

I see what you mean...I don't think there are any nice looking pets that are yellow...

...except plain yellow ones which are boring.

Also, I like the poogles. Didn't notice them right away.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Wow, lots of changes going on. :D I like the addition of quick reply and how you can see the newest post from the index.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Aaaand I think we're totally done now. A list of all the changes today, in order:
- changed icons
- added last topic mod, changed formatting
- removed COPPA form (I'm not in the US, so I'm not bound by COPPA)
- added pm mod
- added a colon after "Moderators"
- added quick reply mod, tweaked
- fixed gender mod, which had become oddly damaged, with joeno's help
- added turmy alert to the forums, with joeno's help.

Ironically enough, those poogles you guys are all pointing out? Those are the one thing on the banner that hasn't changed since last time :P Only thing different is that certain poogles have been pulled to the front, because before their feet were overlapping others' heads.
Last edited by Jazzy on 19 Mar 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Didn't you also do something to the PMs? I can see what the person wrote after I hit reply - this is a very nice feature. ^^
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yep, you can now see what you're replying to, and there's a short line of text telling you to scroll down, replacing "Tip: Styles can be applied quickly to selected text." there.
Aldanax

Post by Aldanax »

Worship Jazzy! Im loving the teal/blue layout design, plus all these new little changes are awesome and great adition to the forum :) Love to the quick reply! Now I have no excuses for posting x)
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Jazzy wrote: because right now I'm reeeeally worried about bandwidth and yes, I do care about a few measly bytes.
Well then stop that, we're fine. *patpat* And, yes, I have noticed we're using a gig a day, and we're still fine. =D

And while this is not an open invitation for everyone to run around making pointless threads =D we're going to be fine for more than that too.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Overall I like it, except for the notification paper thingies. If they could be made a tad darker, because the way they are now they don't stand out at all. The orange always jumped out of me, but I practically miss the new ones since the blues rather light.

Just a minor thing though, thought I'd mention it unless it's already been mentioned (haven't read the rest of this thread).
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That was just fixed again... this morning, maybe? You might still have the older, paler ones in your cache. The newer ones are much more obvious and darker and happy.
Image Image
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Jazzy wrote:Ironically enough, those poogles you guys are all pointing out? Those are the one thing on the banner that hasn't changed since last time :P Only thing different is that certain poogles have been pulled to the front, because before their feet were overlapping others' heads.
I never really looked at the banner before. I know there was something there because I remeber it not being flat colour, but I never really bothered to see what it was :P
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

More than that...I basically panicked yesterday when I realised we'd used half of the 50gb and it was only the 18th. It's more than last month, which was indeed a gig a day.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Wait...darigan grarrls are yellow...