Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by zebru »

That was my issue with it too Cranberry. I read the guide on sunnyneo suggesting the boring route, sucked it up and stayed at level 8 for 20 minutes until I reached over 3600 points.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kari

Post by Kari »

30 minutes of playing Spinacles.

3598 points.
derp
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

What do you do when you get that stupid thing that makes a whole bunch of them disappear at once? I keep getting it and then it clears the level on me. I'd be fine (albeit bored) if it didn't keep kicking me up into the harder levels. I tried shooting it away so it'd miss, but it keeps bouncing back. I can't seem to find the perfect angle for a miss.
Kari

Post by Kari »

If the ball is small enough, shooting at a perfect 45 degree angle will just make it go in circles around. There's a highlight around those balls (and the + sign ones too) that show what color it's going to affect.

Still trying at this stupid game, and I still have SHB and the 85 score thing left to do.
derp
EofS

Post by EofS »

36/40 and I'm calling it a day. If there were just one game I needed to work on, then maybe I'd go for it. I like Spinacles, but getting a high score is tedious and sucks the fun out of the game. Super Hasee Bounce I'm normally pretty terrible at, but got towards 500 earlier. Meepit Juice Break I just can't face anymore. Any of those individually, I'd suck it up. But all combined, and adding in Crisis Courier (where the total is just so out of site) and I just... no. Bugger all that for a game of soldiers.

My respect goes to those with either the skill or perseverance to get 40/40.

(Hey, how come I could type soldiers there, yet every single time I try to type it at work, I type solider. And even twice when trying to type the previous sentence ;0)

At least I'll get the pretty trophy, since I can't get the best one. Annoying though. My record on Daily Dare has never been great, but until now I've always managed Games Master Challenges.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

just so all of you know the prize duplication glitch is still in effect it happened to me with the sloth book so i sent in a bug report just wanted all of you to know!!!
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Damn, me too. I had multiple copies of three different prizes. I discarded all of them just to be safe and I'll send a bug report. I'd hate to lose a nine-year-old account over some stupid glitch.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Cranberry wrote:What do you do when you get that stupid thing that makes a whole bunch of them disappear at once? I keep getting it and then it clears the level on me. I'd be fine (albeit bored) if it didn't keep kicking me up into the harder levels. I tried shooting it away so it'd miss, but it keeps bouncing back. I can't seem to find the perfect angle for a miss.
I shot horizontal with those. For some reason horizontal worked perfectly with those, but not with bombs (usually if I shot horizontal with bombs it would eventually hit the spinacles). What I did with bombs is I'd just shoot the spinacles on the very side so only a couple of them would fall off.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Kari

Post by Kari »

Screw it, I'm tired and I'm just going for 38/40 on this. Spinacles pissed me off, and SHB is throwing too much BS at me for me to bother. Plus the items are glitching out and it's worrying me, no matter how many official mails are posted.
derp
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm throwing in the towel at 35/40. I'm not making it with Spinacles and Super Hasee Bounce.

At least, I certainly HOPE this is the towel!
EofS

Post by EofS »

zebru wrote:
Cranberry wrote:What do you do when you get that stupid thing that makes a whole bunch of them disappear at once? I keep getting it and then it clears the level on me. I'd be fine (albeit bored) if it didn't keep kicking me up into the harder levels. I tried shooting it away so it'd miss, but it keeps bouncing back. I can't seem to find the perfect angle for a miss.
I shot horizontal with those. For some reason horizontal worked perfectly with those, but not with bombs (usually if I shot horizontal with bombs it would eventually hit the spinacles). What I did with bombs is I'd just shoot the spinacles on the very side so only a couple of them would fall off.
Move your cursor all the way to the top, watching the direction arrow on the spinacle shooter verrry carefully. You'll notice that when the cursor is all the way to the top, the direction actually goes ever so slightly back down again. If you're careful, you can position your cursor a little lower so it really is going exactly sidewise. Tada, sideways bouncing spinacle.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Thanks for the tips, guys -- I did it! 3,899 in Spinacles and 40/40 challenges completed. I haven't put that much effort into anything on Neopets in months. Are we going to get anything for all this work, or were the daily prizes it? I didn't even keep three of mine from today because of the duplication glitch; I discarded all of my copies just to be safe. Bah.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Cranberry wrote:Are we going to get anything for all this work, or were the daily prizes it?
You get four prizes:
1) Daily prizes
2) The money you earnt playing the games
3) A trophy
4) A sense of smug satisfaction and/or disbelief that you put yourself through it
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Pfft, I can make more money in a day of world challenges. :P But the trophy is... well, it's ugly, actually, but I suppose it's always nice to have another trophy. And I would be pleased with myself, but now I'm just thinking about how that stupid Daily Dare is coming up before tooooo long... I really just want to battle some stuff. Stop with the games!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Yeah, what is TNT's obsession with games lately? I mean, there's the New Game Challenge thingy, GMC, DD, plus, that last plot was nothing more than a game fest imo.

I suppose it's easier to come up with a game then to give us a fun puzzle plot or rig up some kinda battledome tournament. When's the last time we got a new Defenders of Neopia? It's been years I think.