Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kari

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Kari »

Yeah, especially since the last plot's "games" were mostly rehashes of already existing games on the site. It made it that much more sad. I've gamed more on NP this last month than I have in years, it feels like.

I'm also dying for some battles, of ANY sort. DoN would be nice, I mean, they even started that DoN Series 2 all that time ago that went nowhere.

Edit: even though I said I'd give up, I got stubborn and finished those last two games. My 40/40 streak continues.
derp
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yay I made it to 40/40 too. I wasn't sure I had enough time for Spinacles but I just finally got the necessary score.

*agrees with the battle sentiments above*

And, I started putting the glitched duplicates in my SDB before I ever saw that letter that people keep posting. Since in my report to TNT I said I was going to put them in my SDB, I'm reluctant to discard them now.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I just discarded my duplicates and hope that TNT doesn't really want all 5 gajillion people who will be playing this game to mail them :P.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Eeskads massive item breeding glitch!! 0.o It's affected Neocash stuff too.

I think i'm going to hold off on doing the lots-of-scores challenges until it's confirmed fixed, if they don't close off the challenge before i get to.

Some of the games, i just gave up, but i'll do what's bearable. I can send dozens of piddly scores no problem. :P
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

How do people know what level trophies they're getting? Is it something like 35/40= level 7, 40/40= level 8 etc?

...and, what a crock about American-only sponsor games! I happen to be very good at Tyrannian mini-golf, and I have no clue how to play this stupid Apple Crap game.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Trust me, you got the better deal with the sponsor games.

Although they might be crappy and you have to read the instructions to find out how to play (because chances are most people hadn't played them before), most of the challenges could be completed with much less effort and skill.

3x1700 points in Pterattack compared with 3x600 in the Crazy Cones game- Pterattack took me about an hour to complete the three scores, because I kept hitting the wrong powerups, or not even getting them until too late. Crazy Cones would have taken me less than 10 minutes to do.

3x650 in Advert Attack was annoying and also difficult- whilst I didn't have to restart so many times, it isn't a game I am good at and it did take a long time to do it. 3x2500 in Skateboard Refuel would take about 2 minutes for all three plays if you follow the advice on the petpage guide to GMC, including the time it would take to send the scores and restart the game each time.

3x300 in Tyrannian Mini Golf was boring and took a long time, although it didn't require a huge amount of skill- it's not a game I'm good at and I find it tedious. That wouldn't be so bad, but it isn't a quick game to play either if you aren't good at it. Apple-y Recovery, whilst being a lame game, isn't difficult and you only need to play the first level to score 60 points.

The sponsor games took much less skill and less time and I think those of us who didn't get to play them for the challenges got a raw deal. Maybe it would be fairer if there had been a choice, but there wasn't one for any of us.
Neopets wishlists: here
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Oh, I'm not arguing we didn't get a better deal, Daisy, but I just don't like how Americans don't have the option for both. Littlest Pet Shop > Pteri Attack. *pokes what I said on page 3*

Are sponsor games not available in every country? Even if they were, TNT really shouldn't allow different games based on country to be in GMC. I don't like the idea of Americans getting easy games just so their sponsors can get page hits and/or $$$. Nor do I like the idea of other countries getting the short end of the stick over marketing issues.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

For those of you who didn't get Spinacle Thought Bubble form Spinacles challenge yesterday (I asume that would be everyone), you can get it today by clicking on the item image in the prize line up.
The downside is, if you were being hit with multiplying glitch yesterday, you'll probably get another round of doubles for your discarding pleasure while doing it.

I really hope TNT goes around deleting the NC challenge doubles soon (I have 32 of those sitting in my inventory), they are making me nervous.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I still can't get it.

it's a bit shamefull that people are being nervous over being frozen over a glitch that isn't their fault.
Madge

Post by Madge »

OK I just went to the GMC page to click on my thought bubble, and it says I have 40/40 challenges completed but it shows the box next to the bottom 4 challenges rather than a picture of the prize. Odd. I hope they fix it so I can get that thought bubble. I don't particularly want it but it's nice to have things complete, right?
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

So the Games Master trophies are out now. They're apparently the same as last year. I got 34/40 and got the 2nd best trophy.

Madge

Post by Madge »

The top trophy has AAA's face on it, which is different to last year.

Last year's:

So yeah, last year's top trophy looks similar to this year's second trophy.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Is the last two years the only years they've had trophies? Because I know I've participated every time, but those are the only 2 trophies I have.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

There have been three years with trophies. Here's the top one from a couple years ago: Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got a level 5 trophy, no idea how high they go? I only did 20 of the challenges heh. Quite on the day they had Meepit Juice Break as I had no chance in hell of beating it then didn't care enough to try the rest. That, and I got Dragon Age and played that obsessively for three days.

Kinda surprised my trophy is all gold 0_o I thought I'd get one of the lowest tiered ones.
Level 5
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.