Advent Calendar Y11!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Advent Calendar Y11!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So, the Month of Celebrating is finally here. Time to find out what gifts TNT have chosen for us this year! For my part, I'm hoping for affordable new wearable clothes and maybe some cute painted Petpets. ^_^

Visit the Advent Calendar
Spoiler: open/close
Today's gifts are a book, How To Make Your Own Slide, and a piece of beta Neohome furniture, the Snowager Chair.

Image Image
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 01 Dec 2009 01:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fury

Re: Advent Calendar Y11!

Post by Fury »

Wow, it's that time again already. Thanks for the reminder!
It looks like there's no animation this year (which is fine with me, it'd always scare the hell out of me when loud jingly music blasted out of the speakers) but I like the picture. And hooray for books!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, it's come so quickly, hasn't it? :O I only remembered it because I was up late last night, lol.
The chair's nice, I just wish we could use it in the old Neohomes.. but it's understandable why we can't x'D. And.. no animation this year? :c This saddens me.. I always liked those animations :/.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Madge

Post by Madge »

I never watched the animation so I don't mind too much! The thing I really hated about the animation was the godawful sound effects.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Hm, really? I have an animation screen definitely trying to load, and just... being unable to do so. I assume something is glitching with it and we WILL have animations this year.

Ty says we only have to spoil images, not comments about them, so on that note, I think the book is really unique and I'm gonna buy an extra for my pretty items gallery, but the chair looks like it was drawn the first year Neopets was open e_e
Rainbow Daydreamer

Jessibean wrote:Hm, really? I have an animation screen definitely trying to load, and just... being unable to do so. I assume something is glitching with it and we WILL have animations this year.
Yeah, possibly. If you can get it to load, Jessi, there IS sound, but the picture is a still frame. So possibly it is a glitch, or maybe they just wanted it to be in Flash in case there are animated ones later in the month.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I hope for a cute petpet?

The problem with the clothes from the advent calendar is that so much of it is christmas themed or "joke" items. Which means that even if we get a lot of wearables, most of them end up collecting dust in my SDB. But I see the Round Paper Lantern String Lights were a advent gift last year, so something like that would make me very happy.

I used to be so happy with neohome items, but since neohome v2.0 not anymore. I've tried neohoming new style, but I always end up tearing my hair out because it lags, and items dissapear and it lags and my house keeps moving on top of my garden and it lags and also my prettiest flowers are the size of microbes so it really does'n't matter if you put them in the garden because you can't see them anyway.

So I hope for a cute petpet and items that have nice art. Something that could go in a gallery would be nice.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Beta Neohomes won't work for me at ALL, Marah. I ended up donating my chair.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Whee Advent! Yeah, I get sound (yay Tran-Siberian Orchestra) but no animation, which was just find by me.
The book is really neat but I've never really been into Neohomes so the other prize doesn't really do anything for me.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I don't like the item art.

The book looks blurry, sadly, and there is too much going on. :(
As for the chair, it's rather plain.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I had my sound off so missed that part. I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't an animation, even though they're usually cheesy.

And I've seen rumors that they will be selling NC tickets for Advent too - not sure if it's true or not, but that disappoints me even more.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm with Marah. I used to be SO into Neohoming, but the new Neohomes are so much less interesting than the old ones... and so buggy, to boot! Also my old laptop isn't fast enough to run them.

I'm glad they learned from the Neopets 2.0 debacle and let us keep our Classic Neohomes, but I'm very, very sad that there will never be any new furniture for them. :-(
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Here are the advent ticket images (I saw someone post them on boards):
Image Image Image Image
It goes against the definition of advent calendar :S
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

but I'm very, very sad that there will never be any new furniture for them.
I think I miss that the most about the advent calendar items, neohome items used to be the items I was most looking forward to. With the classic homes, even if you didn't want to use the item as what it was, you could probably find a way to use it as something else. Stupid as it was these pixels always felt like actual little presents because I could have so much fun with it.

And as for the advent tickets: I saw that one coming, it isn't unexpected. They did it in Petpetpark too with trick or treating, you could go normal trick or treating and also NC trick or treating.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah. I like getting things I can DO something with, and I can no longer do anything with Neohome items. I like wearables, too, don't get me wrong. But I agree with you: so many of them are "joke" wearables which are really not my style. So I don't use them... and even good wearables don't have as many possibilities as the old Neohome items did.

That said, this does appear to be a pretty chair.