Magma Pets: Xweetok pg1, all others from pg2

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Plushie Lenny

Re: 1st Look at the new "Magma" Pets: Magma Xweetok!

Post by Plushie Lenny »

pic updated automatically
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hmm, I think I could definitely come to like this colour in the future - I just have to see a few different pets in it first. I'm not really fond of Xweetoks at all so it's hard for me to look at it and love it immediately, but I think it could look very good on some other species. :)

EDIT: Oh, haha I didn't even notice but the Advent Calendar animation today has a magma Techo hanging out in the background.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

fluffy-emo-wolf wrote:I like it. although I do think that they should make it a moltara colour instead of fire. that way, they could do steampunk pets as well as the magma pets.

You mean make Moltara a paintbrush with either fire or steam punk options? Well, that would suck for most people because instead of two paint brushes, you'd be forced into one. What if you want magma and they decide to go steampunk, or vice versa? It'd make more sense just to release a steampunk brush, or more likely, steampunk clothing too. If that's not what you meant, then what kind of brush options did you mean?
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I think they have been releasing steampunk clothing. The wings released during the plot are very steampunk, as are all the clothes stocking at Cog's Togs.

The magma color is nice I guess. For whoever wanted it. It won't be anything I want to own, but that's not surprising in Neopets 2.0.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I really liked the magma pets, as they were drawn in the comic, and had every intention of owing either a Gnorbu or a Yurble, because those manes of theirs were so sexy. BUT. If they are going to look like that Xweetok instead, no thanks.

The main differences I see are the lack of precision, I guess I'd say, in the pet's lineart and the lighter base color used in the body. I am a real fan of the lighter lineart on the almost coalblack bodies, and the manes, as drawn in the comic, were just spectacular. But on the Xweetok - err, not so much. The pet is lighter, and as several have mentioned, looks just unfinished.

I was one of the ones hopeful that magma might be animated, but I would've been happy with the way they looked in the comic. I do hope this pet isn't in its final form - and its unfinished appearance reminds me of a screengrab of an animated .gif in some ways, so maybe that's still a possibility. Who knows though, with Neo?
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Huggles, I did mean just one brush. But now I see what you mean, it would be unfair. I still think that steampunk pets would be win. :D
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Felid

Post by Felid »

fluffy-emo-wolf wrote:I like it. although I do think that they should make it a moltara colour instead of fire. that way, they could do steampunk pets as well as the magma pets.
Agreed. There definitely seems to be more scope in the steampunk theme, where the magma is no more than a variation on fire...or maybe a hybrid between fire and glowing. Looking at that Techo too, it seems like all the species will just be given identical magma treatments, so there may not be much individuality between the magma species.
BazookaBabe

Post by BazookaBabe »

I actually really like this color so far, especially on the Xweetok. To me, it is significantly different from the fire color, which I never really liked because of the gaudiness I feel from it. The Magma color seems more like an elemental transformation than a simple element themed-paintjob fit for a racecar, like the Fire and Electric paint brushes. incidentally, there should be a Lightning brush in the same light as the Magma brush. But I digress. I for one think the lineart color enhances the image and the color balance, which is very important to me, is harmonious. I would like to own a Magma Xweetok, yes.

I sound like an art critic... << But I am an artist, after all!

And a steampunk theme would be marvelous, by the way.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I think it's a little dull and too much like the fire colour for me. I would rather have the NC animated colour that I was sure TNT would release - an animated colour would be much more interesting and I'd be happy to pay for it.
Caraway

Post by Caraway »

I for one am amazed at the detail on the magma pets, and I would love to own one. Personally I'm not very fond of xweetoks, but a magma kyrii would be perfect if it used the same design. I think TNT did a good job, and I'm much more fond of these than what I'd imagine a steampunk pet would look like. After all, it's all in the clothes and steampunk has nothing to do with the skin itself. Although not many people like fire, I think it's still necessary and should not be replaced. After all, we have at least three Halloween-themed paint brushes.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

There are rumours on the boards that someone's just zapped a Magma Bruce. So it looks like the colour might be officially announced today (unless TNT hush it up?)
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yep, it's officially been announced - if you head to the Rainbow Pool you can see all the Magma pets, and it does indeed look like all pets can be zapped that colour, including the Lutari! I think at the moment it appears to be a lab-only colour.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Magma pets are officially released. They are all at the Rainbow Pool!

http://www.neopets.com/pool/all_pb.phtml?f_color_id=87
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Actually it seems they've all been released, and in every species to boot. It seems like a magma pool has something to do with this color but not sure how yet. The guard tells you "I'm sorry, only those well-versed in the ways of Moltara are permitted to enter the Pool. Learn more and try again later."

Stupid Rainbow Pool only has tiny images so I can't really form an opinion on them yet. A few look like they might be promising. Here's a couple larger images:
ImageImageImage
It seems to fit the Skeith well.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fury

Post by Fury »

And here's a Draik stolen from Jellyneo: