Mutant Wocky - no image yet, but potion on server

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Felid

Mutant Wocky - no image yet, but potion on server

Post by Felid »

This, then, is the Wocky transmogrification potion, as found at:

http://images.neopets.com/items/pot_wocky_mutant.gif

doesn't give too much away except that it's clearly going to be shaggy-ish yellow and green with red horns - which doesn't seem very feline - just so long as it's by the same artist as the last 3 mutants I'm sure it'll be another winner.
Scythemantis

Re: Mutant Wocky - it's official!

Post by Scythemantis »

Wockies aren't feline. They aren't canine either, they're a made-up animal type (confirmed more than once by editorial. They certainly don't look like either, to me)

I wonder why they didn't release it...maybe they decided they didn't like the design they had?
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Wockies don't look like dogs, but they sure do look like cats to me :/. But yeah, I wonder why they haven't released it yet? :c
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Wockies remind me of the 'Fancy Feast' mascot cat, and a fox. They do have a feline/canine hybrid look like the celinox does on Subeta. But if I had to choose one RL species, they look much more like cats than dogs to me as well.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
BazookaBabe

Post by BazookaBabe »

I always thought of Wockies as dog-lion/fox hybrids. More dog than anything. Feline never crossed my mind.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

It never crossed my mind to think of Wockies as anything except cats.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

And I've never thought of them as anything other than a Neopian cat species (see also: Aisha). No canine influence (that's pretty well catered for by the likes of the Gelert and Lupe).

It's almost worth a poll.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Hey, feel free to make a poll. I agree, it's interesting to read opinions. But not on a mutant wocky topic, heh. I'm already getting off-topic itches and I don't like splitting. ;)

p.s.--this is not a rebuke, I'm just really bad with words when I'm sick.
Image Image
Felid

Post by Felid »

Scythemantis wrote:Wockies aren't feline.
I must be missing something here...flat face, button nose, triangular upright ears, bushy tail, all present and correct...in what way are Wockies not feline?

They certainly bear a striking resemblance to certain domestic cat varieties, like Maine Coon, for instance, but they are lacking in canine features, in particular an elongated snout...I guess the bushy tail makes people think of foxes, but there are plenty of cat breeds with bushy tails too.

Meanwile, I wonder if all the magma hulabaloo has caused the delay in releasing the Mutant...it would have got a bit lost in the rush to paint everything Magma had it come out last week, I just hope that TNT haven't forgotten it altogether!
Noble fauf

Re: Mutant Wocky - no image yet, but potion on server

Post by Noble fauf »

I just hope that TNT haven't forgotten it altogether!
(5 months later) TNT: wait...weren't there 2 colours for wocky day?

Anyway, I own a norwegian forest cat myself and they also have a mane and a big bushy tail. Mine looks like this one.

A skunk wocky perhaps?