Baby Krawk and Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Baby Krawk and Lutari

Post by Jazzy »

Neeeeeeed? Of course not. But want? Yes, why not? Why not have 4 UC pets if you can? I would if my pets had been left unconverted, but hey, I wasn't asked.
Exactly. There's a difference between "woe is me, I painted four pets expensive colours and I'll have to repaint one if it gets hit" (I took that chance on my side, where I'd handpainted the four pets as two Royals, a Plushie and a Maraquan - I knew the risks, it was my choice) and "if my pet gets hit, it gets turned into a converted pet permanently with no way of getting back the original". And I'm not kidding when I say that with certain colour options there are likely fewer than 20 painted that way on the entire site, given how few there are on searches, and therefore no chance of getting a replacement. Fancy replacing something like a UC Plushie Nimmo?

The Lutari is awful, but the Krawk is growing on me. I'm sure Shroomy drew an unofficial baby krawk on her Krawk page, perhaps in light blue - did anyone happen to save that one?
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I like(?) how this thread illustrates the differences in attitude between Neopets and Subeta. Next time a Subeta pet is released that I don't like, am I allowed to just sit and insult it and not expect to have everyone blow up in my face?

Because seriously, looking at the pets on their own, and then on the main page with all the others, I don't see what the hell the problem is. The Lutari's eye are a little too big for me to like it that much, and I don't like Krawk's regardless, but they don't stand out against the others to me. But then again, when 20 out of 30 posts revolve around 'OH SHIT IT'S UGLY' then it's hard to know exactly what most people don't like.

On the UC issue- ignoring the fact that if these were released before customisation then you'd have had to work around it anyway-, unless TNT directly stated that these two would never be painted Baby then sorry, but it was always a possibility.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*backs away very..very slowly*
I'm at a loss for words like many. Try a little bit harder TNT. I thought these were fun images too, Zebru. Fun images always equal the freedom to be a little crude. But yeah...

*gives Ailiel a big hug*

I, too have have UC-itis. You have such a beautiful main account, and I am so sad you have to modify it. I enjoy looking it up so much.

(Thank goodness for daily underwhelming interest!) I always thought Neo would find a way to undermine our unofficial boochi shields, which is why I had to go through "presentable" looking baby pets since the RE came out, or baby pets that look the closest to 1.0. Two or more UC pets per account make my them feel more complete I guess.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

Alecko wrote:I like(?) how this thread illustrates the differences in attitude between Neopets and Subeta. Next time a Subeta pet is released that I don't like, am I allowed to just sit and insult it and not expect to have everyone blow up in my face?
In my opinion, the artists on Subeta have put more effort into their pets than Neopets. Each to their own, obviously, but I can remember when pets were actually drawn well (heck, the revamped baby pets looked good, as I said before), and I dislike how less effort has obviously gone into these two. The standard of art has gone down a lot in general on Neopets (although of course some artists are better than others).

I know what you're saying, and it isn't really right to just mindlessly insult these pets, but...this is the sound of our disapointment.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

*also registers preference for both tweaked versions of the lutari*

Alecko, I think people posted based on immediate reaction, and that immediate reaction was recoil & puke, and they could not, at the time, elaborate on the atrocity.

Why the baby krawk haunts me.

He will Cut you.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

After getting over the initial shock yesterday, krawk is starting to, well, not grow on me precisely, but it does feel more on par with the rest of not so appealing baby pets out there. Also it help that I saw an unclothed one bellow (matching BG might have affected my judgment):

Image Image Image

The thing that surprises me the most is that they didn't return these on the drawing board after seeing them (at least lutari, which even day after looks just as awful). These are after all two among hardest to get pets, and one of them is very very popular.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Baby PBs can't go up in price. They're fixed because of the Hidden Tower.
*is a complete idiot for not realising this*

Oh well, lesson learned!

Also I agree with Zebru - the Krawk is not too bad in comparison to some of the less-cute Baby pets already out there, but certainly not in the same league as say, the Baby Aisha (my favourite), Cybunny or Gnorbu. The Lutari still creeps me out SO MUCH.
MeZergy

Post by MeZergy »

The Lutari is HIDEOUS and I'm not just saying that because I hate Baby neopets. I mean it really is the ugliest painted pet I have ever seen. Wtf is with those eyes? Why is it such a saturated color? WHY IS IT SO DEFORMED? Shame on you, artists.

I'm ok with the Baby Krawk.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

Larkspurlane wrote: Image

He will Cut you.
I think this just made me love the baby Krawk
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

:D :D

I'd do one with the lutari and a large pair of scissors but I'm too lazy.

"i will also Cut you"
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Y'know,after spending a day of coming across the image whenever I looked at the news, I finally figured out what bugs me on the baby krawk. The eyes extend so far down the face as to have the bottom of the sockets lower than the cheek bones. That seems anatomically unsound, to the point of standing out in a site for of anatomical anomalies. The karwk without the bib does look better than the bibbed one, at least.

The luntari I'm not going to comment on. I like horses to much to beat them. Even when they are dead.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

I must be in the small minority of people who actually rather like the Baby Krawk! Normally I think Krawks are highly overrated and pretty odd-looking (no offence to Krawk owners). I really don't think this is as "OHMYGODHORRIBLE" as people make it out to be. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As for the Lutari... I'm sorry but, eurgh. I'm not a fan. And that's all I'll say. LOL.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Damn, those are sure are some ugly babies. That was my first and pretty much my only thought concerning these.However, I want the cuddle the glyme in champagnesoup's avatar.
Felid

Post by Felid »

I do wonder if peoples judgement is being clouded a little bit by having one half-decent baby always being seen alongside one truly hideous one...Objectively I'd have to say the Krawk is very much on a par with most of the other post conversion babies, if you like babies in general I'd have thought you'd like this Krawk, if you don't like babies then this little critter won't alter that opinion. I'm not really a fan of babies but overall I think the Krawk is pretty cute and nicely detailed. It does somehow look much better naked too, but then since I'm not a fan of the baby clothes I would probably always say that.

The Lutari, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. Stylistically the two babies don't resemble one another at all, and must surely have been drawn by different artists...although calling the person who came up with that Lutari thing an "artist" would be generous. It resembles some form of grotesque road-kill, everything twisted and broken into unnatural positions, the eye is monstrous and sinister, the tail is crooked and has bizarre blocks of colour that don't match the flow of the tail, the legs suggest Polio victim, the bib is asymmetrical and looks ludicrous, and it's not even a nice colour.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I think the Krawk is just about acceptable as a baby pet. Not a great fan of baby pets or Krawks so it was never going to look particularly appealing to me. Having said that, it seems to fit the mould of other Baby pets and is reasonably well executed.

The Lutari, well... I've said before that they surely must be the unluckiest of Neopets, and this new colour doesn't do much to change my mind. Getting beyond the creepy eyes the back leg looks bent at a funny angle, the fist o' doom is too big and the bib doesn't work.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark