Baby Krawk and Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Baby Krawk and Lutari

Post by varii »

ImageImage
Lol. They are really, really ugly. The images in the news seem blurry because they are bigger than the actual images I guess. These are weird to me because when babies were revamped the art generally got better, ie: the head size shrank and they stopped looking so bug eyed. I don't understand why both of these have fists. And both bibs look really poorly fitted to the bodies.
Last edited by varii on 22 Jan 2010 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rei @ neopets
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Baby Krawk and Lutari

Post by zebru »

I thought they were shopkeepers or fun images O_O

Man, that's some crappy art. I can't even decide which of the two is worse.

Here are profile sized smaller images:

Image Image
Last edited by zebru on 22 Jan 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

The Lutari's eyes are TERRIFYING. *sigh* So much for that Baby Paintbrush I bought going up in price...
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Great, our boochi shields have been destroyed for two of the most ugly, deformed baby pets that I have ever seen. The lutari looks flat and shadeless, the Krawk is slightly better but in no way appealing.

Of course I am not unbiased. Now to shuffle my accounts. The way they worded the release makes me think they did this just to be mean.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Maybe the fists are a sign of them working on making babies customizable? Not that it's an excuse. And what is going on with that Lutari's back leg? Anyway, I don't like either one and will miss my Krawk being immune to Boochi. He's only Magma, but I was hoping to paint him Darigan someday soon.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I saw them and went aww. but then I really looked and they are crappy. D=
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, AWFUL, HIDEOUS,
Booooooo!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

champagnesoup wrote:The Lutari's eyes are TERRIFYING. *sigh* So much for that Baby Paintbrush I bought going up in price...
Baby PBs can't go up in price. They're fixed because of the Hidden Tower.

The Lutari wouldn't look bad were it not for the peculiar square bit on the tail and the ENORMOUS claws. I mean, seriously-- what baby creature has claws that huge? The head is cute, though, so it'll probably look decent in those little snapshot pictures we use on the Neoboards. I can't really comment on the Krawk, since I think all Krawks look ugly, so to me this was always going to look like a slight improvement.
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 23 Jan 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The lutari's bib looks like a waitress's apron.

They are both ugly, not quite as bad as some of the ugliest babies from pre-customisation but still awful. I thought baby pets were on a positive trend, too, since the most deformed babies were revamped, like the korbat.
Neopets wishlists: here
EofS

Post by EofS »

The krawk is clever. It looks very much like a halfway point between the petpet and the adult krawk - kind of the shape of the adult, moulded around the proportions of the petpet.

Alas, that doesn't stop it being eyeburningly ugly. But then, I think krawks have always (and probably will always) been hideously over-rated, over-priced and ugly. So, you know, it was statistically unlikely I would find a baby krawk attractive, because no other krawk ever has been.

I'm afraid I lack much sympathy for those who are losing boochi guards. Boochi is an incredibly cruel random event. But it shouldn't be a privilege of the rich to be protected against him. Available to none, or available to all. (I will concede that UCs make the matter messier, but they always do, and I don't particularly care to get into my views on them.)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I have UC pets because I hate the new pets. I have a few converted pets left that were automatically converted, that I had before conversion happened. Yes, there are a few that I do like very well (royal peophins, royal flotsams, faerie gnorbu, some zombies) but not enough to want to own one, and not any do I like better than most of the unconverted pets. So now I am forced to keep a pet that I don't even find particularly attractive as my active pet, viewable on every single page of the site, or risk an UC pet that I will never be able to re-earn, or get back. Until now Krawks were the ONLY UC pets that were protected, and now those of us who prefer UC pets don't even have that.

I used to think Boochi was funny, a good joke. I wouldn't be thrilled if he hit a more expensive pet, but I could take it in good humor as one of those random things. But when there is nothing you can do to regain what you've lost, I think it crosses the line.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Christ, those things are BUTT-UGLY.

I can't believe they're for real? This must be an early april fool's joke or something. OMG. Please. That lutari looks like the runt of an oops litter between a kawaii neko and a steamrollered beaver. Its eye is as big as its head. The krawk hardly fares better with a skull like a squashed melon.

Ew.

*waits 10 mins before posting*

Hmm, let's see, positives. Well, pallid puke green is my favourite colour. Yay!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I really hate these two !! :x
Razzbunny

Post by Razzbunny »

I don't like Krawks or Lutaris but these are both so bad.
I mean, sorry but the art is just awful. :|
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ok, the lutari scares me immensely, and doesn't look cute to me at all - but I actually really like the baby krawk. I don't like any of the other krawks, though, so that could be why! It reminds me a bit of a loony toons character - and like it's just sucked on a lemon which has made its mouth all small xD Totally adorable.

Actually I feel like I could put some ears on it and it would be bambi.