Baby Krawk and Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Re: Baby Krawk and Lutari

Post by Jax »

wow

WOW

I know some people who waited years for a baby Krawk or heck, even a new Lutari colour, and we get THESE? The Baby Lutari scares me with its overly square head, it looks like it should be abstract, not baby. And the Krawk, I guess I can see what EoFs means, they seemed to have tried to go for a mix between the petpet and the pet itself but it just looks awful to me. The jaw is so small I almost didn't notice it

Ugh, they're just so ugly it almost shocks me
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

:shock:

Oh my goodness. Horrible. Just HORRIBLE. The Lutari's hind foot is odd.

TNT has really screwed up this time.
lar

Post by lar »

I, um. What artist phoned this in? D: Sad, man, just sad.

Krawk isn't too bad, I suppose, or at least it doesn't look totally horrid in comparison to lutari. And lutari...
HERP DERP 6_9 ....That is all I have to say.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm going to agree with the masses and say that both of these are amazingly ugly; the krawk slightly less so than the lutari. But still. Ew.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't see why everyone has so many problems with them, they seem fine to GRARARHGHLLLFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sorry, must go clean up sick now.
Image Image
luvas

Post by luvas »

I have often thought of what would happen if TNT announced both colours simultaneously. Of course I didn't think they'd ever actually DO it.

My criticisms? I think the Krawk is too similar to a conventional baby. I would have liked it to look exactly like the petpet Krawk, but I guess it makes sense this way too, I just don't like its odd shaped head. I also hate the fist o' doom on the Lutari, it almost ruins the pet.

I probably stand alone in saying I like both of them, despite their flaws. You can tell a lot of effort went into these final two babies.

--
On another note, I find myself agreeing with EofS totally. I can't really console anyone who hates these colors just because they would need to adopt or create a 'common' pet to protect their fancier ones. I think that with the actual chances of being affected by an RE, any converted pet (Even Draiks/Krawks) up to Royal could be safely kept as an active. Surely you could pick one 'cheap' species/color combination out of the thousands available. And that's not counting PB clothes you can use.

(I could understand two, even three, but do you really need -4- UCs on one account?)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Neeeeeeed? Of course not. But want? Yes, why not? Why not have 4 UC pets if you can? I would if my pets had been left unconverted, but hey, I wasn't asked.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

Also, Luvas, before customisation hit I had 4 faerie pets on my side account, ineffable. I still do, actually. "Fortunately" the poogle wasn't grandfathered which means I don't have the hideous task of figuring out which one must be active.

But man, I would've loved the faerie poogle to have a UC option, because if it did I think I would likely risk my pteri or peophin.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I just hate Baby pets in general, with the exception of the old Uni (especially the angry pose) and Pteri. The Buzz gets away with being creative. I also hate the colors used for these two, but that's personal preference speaking again.

Are they going to start making holdable items for Baby pets?

I think i've gotten a little used to how the Krawk looks because that's the direction the recent wave of My Little Pony went - huge head and eyes, tiny muzzle. Not my style at all, no interest in getting one even if i liked Krawks.

Apparently what bothers me the most about the Lutari doesn't bother anyone else - the way the neck gets wide toward the head. It's like that bib is doing my bidding and choking the ugly little critter. *hehe* Those freakishly huge eyes (standard for Baby though) and claws too...yikes!

I'm lucky in that i'm OK with having multiple accounts, no need for any of the UC pets, and have a relatively affordable-to-restore pet as my main (even more when i can swap to my labbie).
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

Wow. I don't visit here often, sign in less often, and comment even rarer, but holy hell. These are completely godawful. Not just regular customized bad, I literally recoiled from the screen. These are supposed to be made by professional artists? When I first loaded this page I thought I'd been punked and someone had pulled up some lower end Leopets art or something here as a joke.

I mean, this baby Lutari I drew after having not touched Neopets in three years kicks the crap outta that thing. I... I'm just not even sure what to say.

They've literally managed to mangle up every single body part on the Lutari. Not one single aspect of it made it out without horrible deformation. The Krawk is only regular post-devamp bad, but being next to the Lutari makes it look even worse.

These baby pets should have been left never to exist. Neopets needs to stop beating the Lutari's corpse. There's nothing left anymore.
Nise

Post by Nise »

TNT are aware that it is not the 1st of April, right?
Although it is pretty funny to see how many people are upset that they can't be running around with expensively painted Krawks as their actives.

But yes these are super ugly, but then again so are Krawks and Lutaris in general so that could've been expected.
Not A Kitty

Post by Not A Kitty »

I may be beating a dead horse now, but I'm so disappointed with these because generally I love baby pets, especially after the revamp! What happened to the good artists?
I can't really think of anything good to say about these, and my criticisms have been said already...
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

To me it's not about having "fancy" pets. The fact is that they redid the site so that we have to see our active pet on nearly every page we visit, while posting on the boards, etc. I played Neopets for seven years before conversion and I just want pets to look like they always did. Three years has apparently not been enough time to reconcile me to the paper doll, ready-to-punch-you-in-the-face look. I did give it time. If it was just a matter of losing something expensive I wouldn't be concerned, it's the thought of losing something that I can never get back. In the beginning I just had a boochi-vulnerable UC pet active and took my chances, but in the years since conversion happened, as users trade, get frozen, and leave the site, UC pets are becoming more scarce and I hate to see any piece of Neo-history lost for good. The main draw of the site for me these days is the nostalgia, not to mention the addictive games!

But that's not why I dislike these new baby pets. If they were well-done I would say so, no matter how disappointed I am that they were released; I personally feel that babies as a whole improved upon conversion, although it was never a favorite color of mine to begin with. Baby gives the artists a chance to be creative and break outside the mold of the standard pose for the species, like they've done with the mutant pets. It doesn't even look like they tried here. Skitty, your baby Lutari is sweet, and I prefer it head and shoulders above the one we actually got.

It seems all the good artists are busy churning out endless amounts of NC Mall content.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

The lutari just looks like an Adult Lutari but in an awkward position and giant creepy eyes, i expected it to look like a pale yellow/green baby in the pose of a lutari plushie (sitting down) the only things that makes this . . . .THING look like a baby is the bib and even that is ugly!

The krawk is OK and starting to grow on me but what is up with the hair? and if i was new to neopets and guessed what adult that was supposed to be i would not of guessed krawk!
HorseRidingGal

Post by HorseRidingGal »

Hmm...I'm not too fond of the baby Krawk or Lutari.
Especially the Lutari though, there's something creepy about it.

Thought I might have a try at tweaking the Lutari to see if I could make it look a bit better.

Here's the official one next to my tweaked one:
ImageImage