Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Larkspurlane

Re: Pokemon Generation V Thread/Discussion

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hahaha great pic & I love this comment:
Platapeel-->Nanneroot-->Doleduck?

Bacorispy-->Charhog-->Porkfire?
Awesome :D :D rofl Bacorispy!

Beapudge--> Otterfatty --> MEGABUCKTOOTH W/ SPECIAL MOVE "TREE KILLER" (5/5 PP, 120 damage, makes hippie pokemon like Bellossom confused)
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I can't think of much to say on these, since they're just silhouettes and all, but I really hope the middle one is a bunny and not a pig. Nothing against pigs, I just have a ridiculous love for rabbit-like pokémon.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

That curl in the tail really makes me think pig, which wouldn't leave me too happy. There are to many hogs raised out where I live so I'm kind of not a pig fan. I'm pegging the bottom right to be a water-type beaver, that hopefully looks better than bidoof.

I got a feeling the bottom left that point part is a crest and the little fella is looking over his shoulder to the (our) right, giving it a totally rounded off face. I'm looking forward to the full reveals though to see what I'd possibly want to use as a starter or if like some of the other games I dump the starter fairly quickly for more aesthetically pleasing pokemon. I'm such a bad trainer. Form over function any day for me.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Madge

Post by Madge »

I love all the interpretations of them that are out on the internet:

Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

And the official Corocoro scan is out...

.. I may be in love with the snowman-bear thing.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

FFFFFF -

no Bananaduck, but I'm actually surprised my guesses weren't too far off from the real things. o_O

I WANT THE PIGGY. Depending on what the final forms look like, this might be the first generation where I go for the fire starter at first.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

...sorry to say I think these are the ugliest starters yet. A lot of amateur interpretations were better. What is the water one even supposed to be? Clown otter seal bear what? Maybe the evolutions will redeem them.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I loved a lot of the amateur interpretations (thanks for posting that collection, Madge; although I'd seen the first one, which probably says something alarming about my internet habits). I especially liked the trio in the third one down.

But I like the otter. I don't think it looks like a clown... it just has a beepable nose. Plus it has a cute shell! I like when pokemon hold things.
Image Image
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I assumed the water type was supposed to be a snowman/otter/polar bear thing. Water/Ice type evolution, maybe?

It reminds me of this obscure old cartoon that used to play on Cartoon Network waaaay back in the day where the main character was some similar otter/penguin/bear hybrid thing. I wish I could remember the name...
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

EEURGH.

Clown snowman otter thing. Do not want.
The Fire is cute, at least.
Fury

Post by Fury »

D:

I actually find myself to be quite disappointed. I was really holding out for an awesome bird starter (darn you Saturn for making me fall in love with BananaDuck!) and as Cyro & Ty mentioned, some of the amateur interpretations appealed to me so much more.

I must admit to hoping the starters would look more like these (that grass duck is adorable and AWESOME) but oh well. I know I will probably end up becoming attached to one of them regardless. Here's hoping their final evolutions will be shit hot.
Haken

Post by Haken »

They're okay. I was actually quite disappointed, I expected them to be better :(
I too like the interpretation above. But the real ones...I dunno, they aren't my favourite of all the other gen starters.

But I do like the grass and fire a bit. I am hoping the evolutions would be tons better to tell you the truth. The water is my least favourite, but I have a feeling the evolutions will be some extremely amazing ones (like when I thought turtwig was rather ugly but fell in love with its last evo X3)

Anyways, I hope to see more new pokemon. Can't wait for its release^^
Madge

Post by Madge »

Yeah they're pretty terrible. I'm especially mad the reptile is another grass starter :(. But at least there are two mammals! I'm hoping the fire pig will turn out awesome because I friggin' hate the grass type.

here's better images:

Also, here's images of the player characters:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0510/corocoro ... ters-2.jpg
The chick looks pretty cool! I can totally live with that.

And here's more information about things about the game and starters:
http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/black-whit ... n-revealed
Most of it is unconfirmed but likely true. It's a pity the English names won't be out for ages :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Why oh why can't girl trainers ever wear pants? I love the girl's ponytail, but the guy's outfit is so much better.

On the starters, I really like the grass one best. The water guy seems a little too cute. It's like cute overload. And the fire pig is exactly what I expected from the silhouette, which disappoints me because I wanted it to be a bunny. But the grass guy has this really nice balance of cute and cool, it's almost suave.
Haken

Post by Haken »

Oh the trainers look real cool, well the guy does :D
I also like how they did the girls hat and ponytail X3
But that is a good point, why they always have to wear shorts or a skirt. Sometimes I wish that there could be a couple of outfits they can choose from (with one including pants or even kaprees XP)