Relic and Ice Cybunnies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Relic and Ice Cybunnies

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

GlassIce is missing its topknot - and is far too shiny and non-angular as well. Relic is difficult to comment on, in that as only the second of its color, it's difficult to see if it measures up. But on its own, eh, it's sufficiently blocky looking, and has nice cracking and wear-marks. I especially like that the ears are the most weather-beaten. I'm still not hugely fond of the base color; I'd have preferred something more to the grey end of the spectrum, instead of this odd greenish color.

So, yeah. One miss and one decent color.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Usul_Princess

Re: Relic and Ice Cybunnies

Post by Usul_Princess »

I like ice, but its far too glass looking. Not much to say about it. Relic is a nice color in theory, hopefully they will experiment more than one type of rock for the base.

Meh, and not-bad respectively.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

Love love love them both. Ice looks so pretty.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I think sometimes we get bizarrely caught up with the idea that ice should be angular. Real ice sculptures are often beautifully smooth and can have intricate details. They're not all made with chainsaws and it's nice to have a mixture of rough and smooth, as long as the smooth ones do look convincingly like smooth ice.

I think the ice cybunny looks really pretty, like beautifully shiny, smooth ice. I want to lick it, or run my hands over it. And then warm them up again ;0)

Relic's nice too. I like the base colour (it's not one we see much of on Neopets) and the details are nice too.

I think cybunny lovers can be pretty happy this year - as long as they're into inanimate object colours.
Haken

Post by Haken »

Wow I actually really like both of em. The shading and details are just beautiful :3

Though I do agree, ice does look more like glass. But then again, isn't ice just a revamp of glass?
I would love to see more relic and ice colours now. At least in this new way of colouring. I just can't get over how nice the shading and colouring is X3
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

Ice looks like glass, especially with the different shades of ice on the "collar".

And ya, doesn't look like Relic is going to be anything exciting, ever.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

And thus Cybunny Carnival will always be remembered as the day Glass and Stone returned to neopets . . .
jamboree

Post by jamboree »

Ice looks okay - a pretty shade of blue. When it gets too shiny, though, it looks more like light blue jelly than ice. Wish they'd add more details like they did for the Ice Aisha, with icicles hanging off.

Oh, man. Y'all, Relic is making me sad. It's a color with SO much potential! There are two ways they could have gone with this, and both could have been awesome. The first: embrace the Stone theme, but take it in another, different direction by varying the kinds of stone or mineral used for the pets. I think the Cybunny would have looked great in grey speckled granite or pink quartz. The second: really create an AGED appearance. The cracks are fine, as far as they go - but it would have looked so much cooler if they'd added some tufts of grass or flowers growing out of the cracks, or some lichen or moss! Instead, they opted for a comparatively dull look, though the gray color is nice in its way, with some half-assed details. The Cybunny looks fine - it's just that the whole color is not what it should be.

I was really excited when I first saw the Relic Shoyru - thought it looked great - but excitement is now fading into indifference. They should just go ahead and change the name from "Relic" to "Slate."
luvas

Post by luvas »

Plushie Lenny wrote:And thus Cybunny Carnival will always be remembered as the day Glass and Stone returned to neopets . . .
Couldn't agree more!

That being said, neither colours receive any complaints from me. Ice was always an impractical colour for me and I see no point to it (Especially with Snow being released) but the Ice Bunny does a good job at looking icey...If that's any compliment. The Relic one almost looks like a new pose at first, hiding the inherent ugliness of the New Cybunny's bland head.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I think that these colours are nice, although I agree that ice is kinda shiny and relic could have been done in a more inventive way. :3
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ice is pleasant - I think it suits not having the fiddly bits like the hair, which could easily break off were it a real ice statue.

Relic:
jamboree wrote:There are two ways they could have gone with this, and both could have been awesome. The first: embrace the Stone theme, but take it in another, different direction by varying the kinds of stone or mineral used for the pets. I think the Cybunny would have looked great in grey speckled granite or pink quartz. The second: really create an AGED appearance. The cracks are fine, as far as they go - but it would have looked so much cooler if they'd added some tufts of grass or flowers growing out of the cracks, or some lichen or moss!
^ this. The larger image may reveal detail I can't see in the small pic, but as it stands it looks somehow a bit bland and underwhelming. It realy could do with more texture - either through a more clear rock structure, or some evidence of weathering.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I honestly thought Ice was Jelly when I first saw it, but then I think there's already a Jelly Cybunny... maybe, heh. The deeper and darker blue and transparency levels just really gave me the idea of jelly. I think it's really -pretty-. I just don't think it's ice-like.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

Does anyone know if it possible to get the relic colour as a lab ray colour? And where do the brushes come from, random events?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I've seen several zapped relic shoyrus, so yes it's possible.

And the brushes are from REs as far as I know -- I haven't seen anyone win any from the Storytelling/Poetry/CC/Art Gallery prize pool yet.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo