Re: Altador Cup '10!

Post by EofS »

Achievement: Score 100 goals with each offensive player
Congrats on getting this one Fury. It makes me wanna cry. Look at my stats:
Goals by Luvea Trivon 34
Goals by Vonde Cayle 194
Goals by Lamelle Turow 4
Goals by Derbi Azar 48
And that's after I found out about that achievement. Arrrgh. (Before, I think Luvea and Derbi were both around 30, Lamelle was on 1...)

Gee, you think I have a system? ;0)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Shenkuu is in 12th place. How incredibly sad. Even though I'm secretly rooting for underdog teams as well, who knew we could fall so hard? At least LD has been keeping it up. *nods*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

We're in 12th? I've just been watching the Eurovision Song Contest - currently I feel finishing 12th in anything would be something to celebrate.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Where are the rankings? If it's under the schedule/rankings tab under standings, than HW is in 16th, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. :< Though I am happy to see LD and Kreludor doing well. And I find my giant Hulk-Usul to be very amusing next to RI's normally-sized usul. XD
Achievement: Score 100 goals with each offensive player
Oh, this is going to be fun. Easy to get 100 goals with Krell and Zo; they're always right next to the ball/petpet/yooyu/scoring device. Poor Brains and Dirx (especially Dirx) are always so far away that it's stupid to use them for scoring. Before I found you posted about that achievement, I'd only gotten two goals with Dirx, and not many more with Brains. And I might as well not even bother with the score 10 points and up thing. D: Sometimes it's hard to get more than 8. And it's time to lose all hope if a darigan yooyu shows up. Still, I have lots of time and I'll probably get this done tomorrow.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I only appear to have two attackers forwards offensive* players in my team - Grelinek (currently 194 goals) and Foltaggio (19, damn, I'll have to use the Mynci more) - so this achievement should be easier?

* surely an offensive player is one who picks his nose, swears at the ref, and occasionally karate-kicks one of the opposition supporters?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Kantark wrote:I only appear to have two attackers forwards offensive* players in my team - Grelinek (currently 194 goals) and Foltaggio (19, damn, I'll have to use the Mynci more) - so this achievement should be easier?
Yeah, I had that hope too. But apparently when they say offensive, they mean outfield. So it's all four of them, even the defenders. Which is just daft. *Cries* With some effort yesterday I managed to get my right back a few more goals, but it's keeping my score down - I couldn't get above 6-0. Although I was also playing against a 3-1 formation, which will also have been hampering my score.

I'm getting really worried by how well LD are doing this year. What happens if we win!? I fear my beloved team might then suffer the inevitable slide down the table which seems to follow that. Perhaps Kreludor will pip us at the post...
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Just change your formation to 3 + 1 and one of your defenders will move up to offensive, which will make it easier for you to control and get the ball first

Alternatively, when the game begins, let your opponent control the ball and use the player you want to score the goal steal the ball from them as they come to you
Fury

Post by Fury »

A list of all discovered achievements:

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=al ... hievements

More have been added over the past couple of days.

In other news - I am now Rank 4! And have no life! Hoorah!

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseu ... rname=fury
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I joined Krawk Island because, well, I dunno, out of loyalty I guess. I just like those guys for some reason. (Or maybe I just like pirates, though as much as I've been fangirling over robot characters lately, I'm surprised I didn't join Virtupets or Kreludor.) So of course I wouldn't mind if they won.

But to be perfectly honest, I find it pretty boring when one team clearly dominates from the beginning to the end, especially if it's a team that's typically strong and/or won the AC before. I hope this is a year of upsets, where some of the "lesser" teams duke it out with each other and get their time to shine. A final four between four teams that have never won a cup before would be exciting!
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Seems Lost Desert is doing very well this year, and from what I gather, hasn't won before. I've been kind of surprised how well Virtupets and Kreludor have been doing. I didn't think they were that popular, but shows what I know. This is my first year really being in this game and its been kinda fun, I'll have to admit. I hope to make rank 4 at some point today, since its a lazy day off.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Despite having a single win of six goals to my name so far, it appears I've chosen the right team to climb onto the coattails of this year, as I'd hoped - Kreludor appear to be doing very well this year, although hopefully things will go better than they did last year at the finals, where I remember them crashing from first to fourth. :P I want a shiny, pretty trophy.
Subeta: Thomas
EofS

Post by EofS »

The Ixi Commentator wrote: The fact that the Lost Desert was able to so comfortably win this game in spite of the lackluster performance from Vonde Cayle just goes to show what a versatile roster this team has.
No, it goes to show that I'm trying to get the stupid "100 goals with each player" achievement and thus am having to use my sodding defenders instead of my star striker.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Does it really matter? I mean, they don't seem to have different characteristics on the pitch, and it's not as though people actually defend with their defenders.
EofS

Post by EofS »

It really does matter because of their position. It takes longer, and is harder, to score when you have to bring the players forward from the rear - in the mean time the other team have picked up the yooyu. I'm sure people who are better than me can play well enough with them, but it's a pain for my playing style. It's making my goals-per-game ratio drop just because it takes so long.

I think they do have different characteristics though. I was having a devil of a time trying to score with my least-used player against Maraqua - because front and centre they have a massive skeith, and I have a tiny kiko, and it was a complete pushover. I've not had so much difficulty with other teams.

(If it didn't matter who you played with, my stats wouldn't have been so unbalanced in the first place ;0)

Edit: Just did a comparison. Using my preferred forward, I got something like 5 goals in a row at <5 seconds per goal. Using my least preferred defender, it took 6 seconds to even get the ball into my possession. And having decided to say "sod it" to the 100 goals thing for the night (because we're playing Kreludor today, so I want to send better results than the 7-0 I get using defenders) I quickly got back to back 11-0 and 10-0. QED.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Yeah, I've been having problems scoring with him too, E. What I've settled on for now is to only let him try with with the snow Yooyus. They're slow enough that I can let the other side start off and then have the Kiko nab the ball as they try to go by.

As an aside, this only works for me if I'm using the 3-1 formation; they have to slow down to get through my front, and while they do that all I have to worry about is moving my Kiko to the proper side.

But as you said, we've got Kreludor today, so there's plenty of time to let him get his stupid one hundred goals another day. D:
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.