New colour: Woodland! + Strawberry acara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: New colour: Woodland! + Strawberry acara

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Awesome!! I'm glad that caption contest piece became reality! Anybody here remember that? And it's rather well done too! Too bad i don't really have need for one myself, but that does mean that i don't have to worry about the huge price tag, and if i happen to get the PB i can sell it for a good sum, hehe.

I actually like the Strawberry too, despite the standard garish color scheme. I like the stem top; it's very cute (in a good way).
Madge

Post by Madge »

Pyro - probably because they're running out! The Shoyru s available in pretty much eery colour, isn't it? At least they've got something for next year, now!

Fjorab - I'm guessing the pb is so ridiculously expensive because it's so new; in time it'll settle down.

Anyone know how much relic goes for these days?
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Madge - True, same for the Aisha. xD
Haken

Post by Haken »

I think woodland is gorgeous. The shading and colouring is just beautiful (now if only all the pets were shaded so wonderfully like that). The leaves and wood texture is simple and effective, not too distracting and such. I like it much better than the Relics.

Strawberry is nice too. The stem thing is real nice, shaded and coloured nice too. But I just don't like how that is the only thing nicely coloured and everything else looks flat or close to flat... But then again that seems to be the dilemma with a lot of these pets now a days... (for me at least...)
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

:D

CC #996
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Thanks! Yes, that one. :D

Maybe then the Wocky is next.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I agree the the shading on woodland is spiffy! I do object to the chosen leafy accoutrements. It now has funny hair or a hat and a tail? I'm not sure what I would have preferred. Perhaps vines for its head tendrils? Leafy ears? All I know is that in the future, there needs to be a pet that drools sap.

Why does everything I eat taste like pancakes?!
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Even older than that CC, I was reminded of this wallpaper/trading card that's been around since I can remember.

I wonder if this Lhika Burrtail inspired the pet in the CC who solidified the future color, or if that wocky is just its own special entity all to itself. The card description has been " Currently being worked on." for as long as I can remember as well.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I like the Strawberry! :D Woodland, while v. pretty, isn't really my thing, but it is nice c:.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

I hope that they are a bit more creative with woodland than they were with relic. The woodland Acara looks nice but then again so did the relic Shoyru. The repetativness really ruined the color. I really hope they make some cool looking woodland pets. The shading on the Acara is amazingly smooth and well done,
lar

Post by lar »

I lovelovelove the Woodland. Repeating the sentiment that.. well, everyone's expressed, I hope they can keep this color more fresh and creative than Relic has been. I could see them having varying types and shades of leaves, lots of roots, even flowers. So long as they don't make it a colorfill affair. *hopeful*

Strawberry's adorable too, but I think the poor thing's been drowned out by new-color excitement. xD
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.