Altered Colour: Island Buzz

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Altered Colour: Island Buzz

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Not a new colour as such, but since this is where the discussion about the Baby Lupe went, I thought it was as good a place as any-- it seems too big to go under "minor art updates".

JN got an interesting report sent in today. It appears that the Island Buzz's image has been altered sometime in the recent past. While this isn't a revamp, it's not a tiny change either. The Buzz now has green wings rather than translucent whitish ones, and the shape of the wings has also changed.

Apologies for the busy image below, but the Rainbow Pool still hasn't been updated. If I find a better one, I'll edit the post. Edit: Found one without a background.

Old Island Buzz

New Island Buzz
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 30 Jun 2010 03:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Re: Altered Colour: Island Buzz

Post by Kantark »

That kinda weird! Maybe they discovered the translucency didn't work properly/consistently? Shame, I thought that was a nice touch.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

... I'm prepared to take this back when proven stupidwrong, but those really look like wings I've seen for sale somewhere before -- maybe the earth faerie wings? I don't think they're NC wings, but I swear I had a set like that that I slapped on one of my lab pets that seemed to stay a Uni for half-of-forever.

Edit: Yeah, it's the earth faerie wings I'm thinking of. Mind, I can't tell by looking if they're what that Buzz is wearing, but they're awfully similar, so I feel less stupid now. =D

And if they have, in fact, been swapped, then I definitely approve of the change.Much more vibrant appearing.

Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't think this is actually a fix.

What it is: the Island Buzz has been glitched for ages, and the specific glitch is that all the poses bar Happy have green wings, while Happy has blue wings. The pet you've linked is actually the Sad pose, which has always had green wings. You'll notice that if you look at the two URLs, this is what they say:
http://pets.neopets.com/cp/2zodbzzd/1/2.png
http://pets.neopets.com/cp/2zodbzzd/2/2.png
That's not old and new at all - that's Happy and Sad (if there had been a fix, the eight-letter code for the two would be different). And they've both always looked like that.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The Island Buzz has always had those wings, both pre- and post-customization; it's just that they were glitchy and didn't appear on happy males - females and males in other poses appeared properly (as the NC page shows - I can verify that it's been like that for a while, because I remember seeing it when working on the wardrobe generator). Given that the example you've posted is a sad one, I'm not sure if this is genuinely an update, but if it is, yay for bug-fixing!

Ninja'd. Yeah, what Jazzy said (though the female has always worked fine; it's just the male that's glitchy).
luvas

Post by luvas »

That change has already been in effect...At least I SWORE it was...At least a year ago...
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm fairly sure it isn't a change, recent or not - since customisation, the Happy Island Buzz (male) has blue wings, and all the other male poses have green wings. I don't think there's been any change at all, either to add or take away wings.