Woodland and Snow Draik

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Woodland and Snow Draik

Post by Kinesthesia »

ImageImage

Woodland is cute but the lack off detail on the belly makes it seem off.

Snow isn't bad, I like the little leaves on the head.

Clothes

ImageImage

For clothes we have brand new ninja and sorceress outfits.
Last edited by Kinesthesia on 08 Sep 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haken

Re: Woodland and Snow Draik

Post by Haken »

Woah snow has no wings :O

Woodland looks pretty nice. The wood detail is nice as usual. But the leaves seem rather off due to it only being on the top of the head. I think a bit more leaves would have been a bit better, maybe around the tail?

I actually quite like snow. It looks nice with the lack of wings and the leave on the head looks cute^^
I mainly like the shades they used for it though.
Purr

Post by Purr »

-totally disappointed-

Ish all I have to say. *sigh* The insides of the wings on woodland look boring. :(
I for one like the absence of wings though. Upset TNT didn't do that to darigan though...
Witchneko

Post by Witchneko »

They should have turned the tail spade on Snow into a leaf (or even better, the tail spikes and the spade). Sigh. Snow is Snow; don't know why I expected it to be decent.

Woodland is Woodland. The eyes could have been green, and they should have put leaves on the tail; but...it's Woodland, which means I can't decide what to say about it.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Snow looks too weird without wings. It's just kinda floating there. How odd.

Woodland has really no WOW factor for me. This one, at least. A few leaves on the head, and that's about it. I do like the lack of scales on it's belly. It gives it a more natural feel.

Also, the Ninja Draik -- yer doin' it wrong.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

No wings? I see wings! I guess they updated it - you might need to hard refresh.

Woodland is prettyful if a little on the plain side. I've said it before about Woodland but they don't seem to pick very wood-like shades for these.

Snow has a non-snow detail (the leaf on the head), which is a 100% improvement on the Kyrii. No coal eyes, again. Good but not astounding.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kinesthesia

Post by Kinesthesia »

Yup. They updated the Snow Draik image so they now have wings
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

woodland looks strange with that dark spot on the tail and snow is meh no coal eyes i was hoping for better than this oh well we can wait till next year. i also would have liked snow better with carrots for the spikes.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Woodland never does impress, so that's the same as usual. While a lot more could have been done with snow, it's not bad. I might paint a draik snow for a time just to play with. The leaves are cute and I like the color of them.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I think the reason I like the woodland color so much is because it very frequently adds shading and details to pets that otherwise look flat after customization. Snow does a good job of doing the same, they both look less bland and more three dimensional. Is nice.

I like both, but then, I'm still a bit of a sucker for the new draiks, they are pretty cute.

Clothing is cute, I like the face mask! And the new hand held items, yay for them.
Snowager

Post by Snowager »

I kinda like them both..
But the outfits rock.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Well, I tried to get an uncustomized female for the URL, as I know they can be hard to find, and the glitch isn't totally fixed.

The wings pop back on when she puts on a background. Oh well.
icicledragon4

Post by icicledragon4 »

Woodland is nice. I think leaves on the wings and/or tail would have been nice but overall still a nice color. Snow came out greatly. I really like the eyes and the shading is wonderful. The leaf on the head is a nice touch.
Kamik

Post by Kamik »

I don't really like Draiks..

Woodland is nice though.
Wishing for Orange Spots...