New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jamie

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Jamie »

Brynns Legendary Sword of Wraith Smiting - 13 icons. (3 Fire, 3 Earth, 2 Light, 5 Physical)
Hansos Legitimately Acquired Dagger - 7-9icons (3 Fire, 3 Dark, 1-3 Physical)
Hanso Charisma Charm - 10icons (not sure on exact icons)

also, the Altador Strength Potion gives your pet +5strength, so it will be very popular and quite a good investment/item to use. Faerie PB's are down below 600k already.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

New sword is a 13-iconer, so slightly more powerful than the Ylana's Blaster (it deals 3 Fire, 3 Earth, 2 Light, 5 Physical).

The charm may be a better deal... people are testing. I'd hang on to any plot points for now.

Not sure what I'm going to buy... probably will just wait a while and see which items sell for the most down the road. I like the coat and that Faerieland destruction background.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I got 148,750.

I am super stoked about paint brush deflation, as mentioned the last faerie paint brush I bought was for Aurea back in 2005 so this deflation only brings the price close to what it was then. ALSO, I've been planning for awhile now to morph Aetania into a Gnorbu and repaint her faerie. I bought the Gnorbu potion and was pricing out faerie paint brushes, in fact I was looking in auctions a few hours ago. Overnight there were none, and earlier the cheapest was asking 3,350,000 and I was considering BIDDING. I decided to hold out to find one for 3 million-- now paying that would be a rip off! I still like the pet just as much so cheaper is better.

Just not sure if I want to spend my plot points on that, or buy one with neopoints and use my points on something else. Probably not much point to that really, but I will more than likely be picking up one of those Faerieland Destruction Backgrounds.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Oh, I got 147,200 points. What's the highest you could get, does anyone know? I got all the achievements and capped all the enemies. I'm assuming you did some things faster than I did, Ailiel!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Someone on the neoboards posted that they had 149,000 +. I'm guessing 150K is probably the upper limit.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I think 150,500pts is the highest anyone has seen and I believe it has to do with repeating some of the steps. Like the spell book and containment/orb thing. I'm sure you all know what I'm referring to ;)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I bought the petpet and Neopets ate it, and it didn't attach to my pet, and just vanished. Sadness. :(

I got 21K points. Didn't care about that plot and the higher trophies aren't cute at all. :( Glad I got my lower 3rd step trophy.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Update on Hanso Charisma Charm. It also blocks 100% Dark, which makes it slightly better than the Ring of the Lost, which is now deflating rapidly. TNT has stirred the BD-pot a little bit with these.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

The trophies (at least the top one, which I got) are ugly. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with Faerieland. The colors are rather Lutari Paint brush-ish if you ask me.

Hanso's Charm does seem like a good investment. As do the strength potions. I was thinking of picking up the books and the stamp, but they take a while to inflate. I've still got my books from ToW. Mostly because I'm too lazy to sell them. lol

If the Faerie Paint Brushes get cheap enough, I'm gonna pick up a few. It'll take a while for them to reinflate, but I don't have a problem sitting on items for years and years. I've still got freaking Advent Calendar books from y6. Not that they're worth that much, but still.
Last edited by Gumdrops on 26 Jan 2011 03:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

That's my trophy. 3rd lowest.

It's not stupid garish, so I like it
Kari

Post by Kari »

Good to know about the sword, I'll probably pass on it...that way I can get a charm, along with one of every book, the stamp, and a strength potion. Those types of expendables always seem to sell well down the line.
derp
Madge

Post by Madge »

Faerie pbs are apparently something like 200k now - selling for 800k easy O___O

I'm going to sit back in the wings and see what gets nerfed and what gets kept as far as plot prizes go, then figure out what I'll buy in like, six months.

I still can't believe TNT did that with the faerie pbs! Good on 'em! I hope they follow this up by making all pbs obtainable from keyquest, or something - just with the rarer ones coming out much, much less often than the more common ones (perhaps you can save up 10 gold keys for a platnium key, and that platnium key will allow you to open a door that is as likely to give out a rare pb as the gold door is to give out a common pb?). At the very least it would be super if they put the faerie pb on that list, to keep its price down.

*considers painting the Lutari the lab gave her faerie just for kicks*
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Oh man, I dunno what to get! XD Good thing there's no rush. Leaning toward the BD items, since I currently don't have a full dark blocker (missed out on the Ring of the Lost and I've kinda been kicking myself for it ever since). That strength potion might make a good investment, though. Also I've always kind of wanted a Faerie Meerca, even after the conversion. There's just something about the colors used that I really like.

Yep, definitely need to wait and watch before choosing.

Also, I don't think the trophies are that ugly, but they don't look very Faerieland-like, if that makes any sense. The one I earned looks more like Qasala or something. It's kind of odd and a little disappointing.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Jamie wrote:Update on Hanso Charisma Charm. It also blocks 100% Dark, which makes it slightly better than the Ring of the Lost, which is now deflating rapidly. TNT has stirred the BD-pot a little bit with these.
I'm actually not too pleased about that -- not so much because it devalues my RotL (I don't use it much, but was never planning on selling it anyway), but because the charm is much too powerful for the amount of points it costs. The RotL was the top prize in the LDP -- it was 150,000 points. I tied for third of everyone on the entire site in that plot and I only earned 204,300 points. I couldn't even afford two RotLs... but I could buy 12(!) of the charisma charm. The charm is actually better than the most expensive weapon prize (the sword) in this plot; I think their point costs should have been reversed. Unless they meant to really shake up the BD,I actually think someone screwed up here. I wouldn't be shocked if some stats get changed within the next day or two.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Cranberry wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if some stats get changed within the next day or two.
I wonder about that too.

If anything, I think they should just change the icons it blocks. Maybe change it to being a full air blocker instead, or something.

I actually would've preferred a freezing item. Something to bridge the gap between the full freezers and what is currently out there. The highest is what? 25% or something like that?