Halloween Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Snowager

Halloween Xweetok

Post by Snowager »

Okay let me say this.

Hold on.

One second.

Okay.

W T F.

What is with the purple fingers! The skin doesn't go well with the hair or eyes at all, and the eyes are so creepy. You can barely
see the details of the coat, but the purple fingers.. or gloves REALLY? Since when do vampires have PURPLE gloves!!
I might like to have this pet naked. Might. Your thoughts?
Haken

Re: Halloween Xweetok

Post by Haken »

I loved Xweetoks and always found them so nice and elegant, though I must say this really tuned me off :/

I have no idea what was going on ehre or what it's suppose to be to tell you the truth. A vampire with strange frog eyes and hideous colour sense is what comes to mind :(
I don't like the colours at all. They really clash in my opinion. The clothing looks strange, it's shirt looks really blurred compared to the crispness of everything else. Really a disappointment in my opinion :(
dauntedair

Post by dauntedair »

LOL WTF.

The base isn't half bad. It's the apparently large eyes that get me. The clothes are terrible as well.

Again, TNT ruined another pet with great potential.
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

Ugh, another Halloween pet gone to the dogs. This just feels like a vampire stereotype instead of a fun vampire(for example: The grarrl looks great with its big goofy grin)
out of all the neopets monsters/villains and all the real life monsters they went for another vampire. You know what would have been fun? A Al Capone pet, or maybe a chimera =P At least it isnt a twilight pet.

Methinks the design on this is to basic to be a good Halloween pet, the items feel like wearable you can buy and the actual xwee could have had some nice slicked back fur or something. I have to admit the frilled open neck shirt is a nice addition. Id like to see what this critter looks like naked
(I wish that didnt sound as creepy as it does)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

For larger image (which now seems to be the default at the Rainbow Pool):

Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So, as Xweetoks go -- I like it. The base color is really pretty and will probably look good with a variety of things, and I bet the fangs (which are fairly lame) come off. Or out. Or something.

Personally, I love the eyes, but pop a pair of contacts in, and new color ahoy.

The cape is fairly cool - I'm not as impressed with the wannabe ruffled shirt - and I don't really like the color of the gloves, but they're easily enough removed.

And I say again, I really like the base color; the stripe down the tail and the stripe on the wings are especially well done. The mane is a really nice shade of crimson, a color that needs more love than it usually gets.

I will never get past the way they drew the Xwee's arm (unnatural posture o.m.g.), but given that that will never change, this is probably about as good as can be hoped for. Works for me, anyway. =D

Oh, and thanks again for the bigger image, Nogitsune. *edits in*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I think the base is pretty decent and I like the crazy snake eyes. It's just that when I first saw the image, I thought it was holding a tiny purple heart in its paw. Ugly purple gloves aren't nearly as cool.
Kinesthesia

Post by Kinesthesia »

Clothes

ImageImageImageImage

Base Color:

The clothes and base are nice but the eyes kinda ruin it for me.
lar

Post by lar »

I'm going to be the only one who likes this, aren't I?
*sigh* Oh well, here goes.

I adore the pale and blacks, with pops of vivid color. I love that the mane is red, when in old vampire lore, red hair was often a sign of vampirism. The dark under the eyes, and the apparently preternaturally large eyes (I'd be surprised if this was off-model, though; the pupils being tiny slits just draw attention to them) suggests to me a nocturnal animal. The tattered clothes say ruined elite--yes, the royal purple gloves playing into that--rather like a Transylvanian Count you might be familiar with (but without resorting to overused high-collared black and red cape trope).

I don't know, maybe it's just because I prefer creepy over goofy in Halloween pets, but I like this.
Oops, my karma ran over your dogma.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The eyes.... wow, they really leap out at you on first viewing. I like the eyes. In fact... where have I seen those eyes before? Oh yeah! The rest I wasn't too sure about but after sleeping on it, and also seeing the base without the clothes, I'm now thinking it's actually pretty spiffy.

And though you fight to stay alive, your body starts to shiver, for no mere mortal can resist the evil of the... Xweetok?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Faun

Post by Faun »

I actually really like it. I think that the eyes are great, and they really make the pet stand out. The clothes are nice, you could easily use them to customize other pets. I especially like the cape. :) I would like it better if the fangs were removable, but that's minor. Overall, I really like this pet and If I could afford it, I would defiantly own one.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
saluqifreak

Post by saluqifreak »

I like the fact that they went Neovian on this one and didn't give it one of those ugly COSTUMES that a three-year-old might wear on halloween... It looks nice and creepy, but I have to admit, the eyes ruin it for me... ._.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

I like it .. but i hate the purple gloves !!!

at least it doesn't sparkle :)))

:shock:
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

My first thoughts on seeing this were, "Ew, NO! God, just...NO! No, no, no, no, NO," etc.

But now that I've looked at it some more, I think I finally identified my major problem with it. There's some good clothing options with this particular color, it's just that all of them put together clash horribly. But take away some of the items and you're left with a pet that may actually be pretty fun to customize with other clothing items. The base, the pants, and the gloves would work well without the shirt and cape. The shirt and the cape look...eh, okay...without the gloves.
saluqifreak

Post by saluqifreak »

at least it doesn't sparkle :)))
:mrgreen: Oh man, you have NO IDEA how hard that made me laugh... =D Imagine it WOULD sparkle... :shock: