Gold & Woodland Pteris

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Gold & Woodland Pteris

Post by Kamil »

Image Image

(I'll swap Woodland out with a larger image, once it shows up at the Rainbow Pool)

Granted, I really dislike 2.0 Pteris, but gold is very pretty. It's very shiny and metallic-like and really sells itself as a pet made of gold. Woodland has pretty much never failed to leave me somewhat disappointed, and this is no exception. I don't know if it's the execution or the color itself, but it's just not working for me.

The species clothing, on the other hand, is lovely:

Image Image

Yay for whoever gave both sets something to hold in their poor, odd wings. I so appreciate any effort TNT makes to stick something in the upraised paws and wings of Neopia. And the hair is so pretty. *pets it*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Re: Gold & Woodland Pteris

Post by Kantark »

Gold is shiny! I CAN believe it's not butter.

Woodland, yep, they never seem to use tree-like shades for the wood bit. I do like the hole in the wing and the ball of leaves on the tail though.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Reconnection

Post by Reconnection »

Oh my gosh I love the Spirited Away clothing!! That's like the clothing that Chihiro/Sen wears when she cleans! :)
I made an account on here just to say that xD!!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, I forgot to vote in Nogitsune's thread, woops. I would have voted for these!

That's a surprisingly good gold. Kantark is right. It doesn't look like butter! Phew.

I like the idea of woodland. Something about grass on the head bothers me, though. It is a pretty creative way to deal with the feather tuft pteris have, but I dunno, the way it's just a circular patch on top... makes me think of an almost-bald monk or something... hm, just can't get on board with it.

Also, pteris with hair disturb me, I don't care how well drawn it is. ;)
Image Image
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

Reconnection wrote:Oh my gosh I love the Spirited Away clothing!! That's like the clothing that Chihiro/Sen wears when she cleans! :)
I made an account on here just to say that xD!!

wow this is exactly what i thought when i saw the clothing i love that movie. if i make a side i may get a petri just for this. :mrgreen:

gold is nice and shiny but not to bright woodland looks weird with the tuft of grass.
Haken

Post by Haken »

Gold does look nice and shiny :)

I actually like the woodland, though the grass on the top of the head does bother me but as long as I don't focus on that part, I can see myself getting a woodland pteris :3
EofS

Post by EofS »

I'm quite fond of pteris since the revamp, and these are both nice colours for them. Gold isn't a colour I would want to own in any species because it just doesn't do anything for me, but I do think this is a very pretty example. And woodland has some nice little details (the hole in the wing, as previously mentioned, is particularly nice, and the ball of leaves on the tail). It's still not as wonderful as a woodland colour could be, but within the boundaries that seem to be set I think it's very nice. The patch of grass on the head isn't perfect, but it doesn't offend me either.

The outfits are both lovely.
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

I LOVE the grass on the Woodland Pteri's head, the hole in the wing is a nice touch :D
Faun

Post by Faun »

That spirited away clothing is so amazing. I want it.

The gold is very shiny and pretty, and I like the grass on woodlands head, because it's something different.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
OctopusSandwich

Post by OctopusSandwich »

I really like both of these.