Luminaire 2010

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Luminaire 2010

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm loving the prizes today. ^_^ The dog is so damn cute! And the colors on the clothes, mmmm.
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I love today's gifts.

The clothes are gorgeous and the dog is adorable.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

So apparently I entered the Luminaire Contest incorrectly. My understanding was that we were supposed to submit stylish winter- or Christmas-themed HAs. Based on the choices I've had to vote on so far, however, APPARENTLY what we were supposed to do was submit the ugliest effing HA we could possibly create, with or without anything remotely winter-related on it. DON'T I FEEL SILLY.

....okay, but seriously, my "Skip! Oh lord please skip!" button is getting a real workout. I LITERALLY CRINGE every time the "You can vote in the Luminaire Contest again!" event pops up. It's like being told "You get to reach your hand into this garbage-filled box again! Let's see what you pull out this time!" (Hint: It's always garbage)

It's very tempting to create an "Ugly HAs" thread so we can publicly shame some of these people and prevent them from ever entering again.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The HAs I've seen are mostly just really boring/obvious. Like all they had were previous Melody items and that's all they used. I just skipped an HA that was nothing but super cheap Melody clothing. Sure, it all matched, but... er.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I would take those ones over the ones I've been getting. Examples include "I'm wearing literally every blue item I have in my wardrobe!", "I'm wearing 10 different items that add snow!", and "I'm wearing nothing except an eyeball barrette for some reason!"
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Ierosbats wrote: It's very tempting to create an "Ugly HAs" thread so we can publicly shame some of these people and prevent them from ever entering again.
There's one at SubetaDrama, and it's great. ;)

I tried a couple of times to create a nice HA to enter in the contest, but I couldn't come up with anything I felt was good enough. I haven't bothered to vote for a single HA this time. I liked that first cosplay contest where we had more choices. I don't want just two choices (and a time penalty if I skip them)! 90% of the time it's crap vs. crap.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Something like 3-4 choices would be better. I feel like I'll only ever be able to see a tiny percentage of HAs.
Image Image
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I've seen ugly to boring to wtf and back again. I have seen some nice ones luckily so it's not all bad. And I've seen a couple people I know. No NCers yet but Kali has seen a couple NCers, so there is hope! XD I just can't help but wonder what people think when they make these.
And while I don't mind having 2 choices, I think 3 to 4 would be better as well. No more then that. I'm such an indecisive person so the less choices the better for me. ^-^; I bet again that the top 10 will be HAs I never seen once while voting. :p

Also want to add, your post is priceless Topher. Gave me a good giggle. XD

Add On: Dec 14th
Spoiler: open/close
Festive Palm Tree
Cute.

Gift Horse Plushie
This looks like a plushie I have, minus the cloth sticking out of the mouth.

Iced Peppernuts
These look yummy. p:
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I think I need about 100 of those trees. For Farnsworth's TC. Yes.... >_>
Faun

Post by Faun »

Lol, I'm probably one of those people who made those crappy HA's. I sort of made one quickly in case there was an achievement for entering. XD
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I've realized that there's really no reason for me to vote. A large percentage of the time I don't like either of the HAs, and there's no incentive to waste my time voting for ugly avatars. Besides, For the next week and a half, I'm going to be out of my mind working on finals.

I wouldn't mind having 4-6 HAs to choose from though. The 12 or so we got in Epicon was too much, but 2 is too few. :/
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I agree. 12 was a lot, but 2 is too few. 6 I think would be a good number.
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

Dec 15th
All I Want For Luminaire Is Yume
Hehe, cute book is cute.

ImageImage
Silent Night Glitter Coat
ImageImage
Silent Night Glitter Gown
Another really pretty coat and dress set. And another one I wouldn't mind having more pieces to. I like these wearables that can easily be used all year around. <3
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

The book is cute, and I like the clothes, too n_n;.

edit: Today's prizes:
ImageGingerbread Snowman

Winter Chill Hair Gel

Holiday Feline

Those eyes are terrifying D: -shudder-
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Alicorn

Post by Alicorn »

The kitties eyes are terrifing. They look like jingle bells to me. I wonder if they jingle while they stare into your soul. 8P At the same time I find it quiet cute and it happly lives in my gallery now! XD Also loving the hair.

Dec 17th
Patchy Gecko Plushie
So so so so cute! I want to squeeze it till it pops! 8D So many cute things coming from the advent, I'm going to die! **pants**

ImageImage
Icymmetrical Blazer
ImageImage
Icymmetrical Party Dress

Another lovely set! Wonder how many more of these sets they have waiting for us. No complaints, I've loved them all. :3