Nova Defender

I think I'll have to cave and challenge Abi on them :I
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by Jazzy »

Zebru, have you tried Goparokko on Easy mode? You get more time to make each combo but the points are apparently not too different.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Jazzy wrote:Zebru, have you tried Goparokko on Easy mode? You get more time to make each combo but the points are apparently not too different.
I did, but I keep dying at around 6.5k - I keep loosing the race to timer. Puzzle games have never been my forte.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Today's the last day, right? I was happy to see Spinacles as the game, just because I enjoy playing it. I beat AAA and got the mask. I also chose the right staff team. Now I'm glad this thing is over for another year!

Edit: I beat AAA 16 times this month. The majority of those were in the first couple of weeks, before I got bored and started challenging Abi so I could get it over with in five minutes. :P My faves were Spinacles, Kass Basher, Faerie Bubbles, Faerie Cloud Racers, Wingoball and Wrath of the Snowager.
Last edited by Cranberry on 31 Mar 2011 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I'm glad it's over too.

It'd be nice to have a non-plot event that's not so reliant on flash games. Maybe the Springtime Negg thing (if they do it this year). I just feel like we're inundated with flash game things...AC, GMC, DD, New Game Challenge (I know it's not actually an event, but still).

I was 1/4 on the staff tourney. Only got the 1st one right. I did buy that freeze ray though, just in-case something with the battledome comes up and I can sell it for a nice profit.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Gold trophy got. Aside from Nova Defender, I didn't feel that the AAA scores were all that challenging. It was certainly more fun that years previous, but these were all scores I could do on my first time through...
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Alright for some, Damion! I ended up with 19/31 AAAs - which is the best I've ever done xD (Heck, I think it's the first time I've finished one!)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I had 11 Abi and 20 AAA.

Some games I could've beaten AAA, but went with Abi because the prizes weren't worthwhile enough.

Congrats on the gold Damion. :)
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

The prizes are a bit shit, aren't they? I got a gold trophy for beating AAA every day, the site theme and two dice for this new Blumaroll game... which was extremely riveting. I rolled a bronze dice both times and got wearables which I couldn't care less for. Definitely worth hours of my life!
Subeta: Thomas
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I ended up with a Silver trophy. For those wondering, I never did beat the Faerie Bubbles game I accidentally challenged AAA on, but it did at least count as a win since I beat Abi's score.

The prizes are rather lackluster this year. Why does Silver and Bronze have the same prize? I ended up getting a silver item tier on the dice game and got the boiling fire backgound.
Last edited by Seerow on 04 Apr 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

To complain slightly more, the trophies look a tad tacky. Particularly the ones that aren't silver - as the other designs felt the need to incorporate silver into them regardless.

Subeta: Thomas
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, the prizes for this never seem worth the effort. I got a silver trophy and I basically sent a whole bunch of Abi scores in between grading homeworks on the evening of the 31st, and only got one die less than people who beat AA every day.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

My biggest annoyance with the theme is that the image is clearly cut off due to my lack of advertisements.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I got the End of Battle Background out of Blumaroll which is quite pretty...but I worked really hard to beat all the games on launch day for the first time ever, and there wasn't a different prize tier for that like there usually is. I know there were the prizes on the days themselves, but they weren't exactly anything special. I can't believe there are four NC bonus prizes but everyone else just gets a Blumaroll dice or two.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Jazzy wrote:...but I worked really hard to beat all the games on launch day for the first time ever, and there wasn't a different prize tier for that like there usually is.
Which is exactly what happens to me on the Altador Cup. The years I work hard I get trash, while the years I slack off I miss awesome stuff.