Woodland and Eventide Shoyrus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Aard_Rinn

Eventide and Woodland Shoyru

Post by Aard_Rinn »

The Eventide's not bad, but dear god... That poor Woodland Shoyru... I hope that it's just a April fools joke...
ImageImage
Seriously, though, I like that they avoided the split line like on the Uni, and the large amount of orange/red on the bottom is pleasing. That's my favorite part of Eventide. The stars are nice, too. I like the dispersal, and the bellycloud.
On the other hand, I don't mind the woodland's body. I don't like the thorns, but if it weren't for the wings, I might use it for a base colour.
Usul_Princess

Woodland and Eventide Shoyrus

Post by Usul_Princess »

ImageImage

Yay, Shoyrus!

What's going on with those wings? What are they? Nonetheless, I really like the darker, totem colored shoyru. The shading lends itself to the overall flatness of converted shoyrus. It's just comparatively underwhelming to the other beautiful, gradient woodland species.

Eventide is a nice color. (When was it released?) The transition from dark to light isn't as subtle as I would have liked (like the lenny) but it's still nice.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Woodland and Eventide Shoyrus

Post by Marah »

Cauliflower christmas garlands? All I can make of it...
Aard_Rinn

Post by Aard_Rinn »

Actually, looking at this again, I think I might paint my Shoyru Woodland if I had a pair of any of Autumn Leaf Wings, which I like much more to go with the wood grain pattern. If you want a Nautical non-pirate, you could use the Treasure map wings, or if you really liked the Woodland Uni, you could use the Flowering Winter Branch Wings. So I actually think it's a fairly strong colour, just... poorly realized. If I can get a hold on a pair of the ALW, I might actually buy the PB for my Red Shoyru, Rhyoa.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I actually like the Woodland's wings. They remind me of thistles or a desert flower. They do look pretty disconnected and gaudy, though.

Eventide is really nice. I do plan to have an Eventide pet because i like the color in general, and the Shoyru Is really close to how i'd like to see this color done. If i were a bigger fan of the species, i'd probably go for it. I'm tempted as it is, especially since it's a fitting color on a pet with wings.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Woodland's based off of a Christmas cactus, for those curious. https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch& ... l0.frgbld.

Woodland... my mind doesn't know what to make of this. I really like the body texture and the color, but those wings are so distracting and out of place. I think this would look a lot better if you put some plant-like wing wearables over those.

Eventide's quite nice. The stars look great and the body colors are evenly distributed.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Woodland is interesting - the change from the plain wood-effect body to the extremely colourful wings is a bit jarring, but this would look excellent kitted out with some seasonal clothing as a bespoke Christmas-themed pet.

Eventide's not too bad. The ubiquitous clouds have been moved down from the light-blue area into the darker blue-red transition. The stars and the light to dark blue gradient on the head are appealing.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
_neo_kami_91

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Those wings...holy hell...just no.

They sure do stand out, but not in a good way. The body has the good wood effect but personally I think the wings ruin it. There probably isn't any way to remove them (unlike robot casing) because they're wings, and if you're gonna remove wings it needs to be for a medical reason. The body could've had some plain flowers on somewhere, like the tip of the tail, just to spruce it up, but it seems like they used the colours they had on hand all on the wings...not a huge fan.

Eventide: What can I say, it's just...meh. The colour was beautiful at first (when released on the Aisha), but TNT seem to be obsessed with this colour now. I'm bored of it.