Robot Bruce

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Robot Bruce

Post by Kinesthesia »

Apparently Lawyerbot was nice enough to release a pretty new color for Bruces on Lawyerbot Appreciation Day. (Who said lawyers and robots are all evil!)

Not a huge Bruce fan but I like it.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Robot Bruce

Post by Jazzy »

That is very well-drawn! I'm not a huge Bruce or Robot fan, but all those pretty lights...

Large version:
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yay for pretty lights!

This is a refreshingly coherent Robot design. Occasionally with Robot there's so much going on (colours and twiddly bits) that the whole thing ends up looking a bit over-complicated, but here the muted olive colouring of the body with the gold or brass edging and grey metallic hands/beak etc., really gives it an understated steampunk-era feel. It's got just the right amount of lights, panels and plates - enough to keep it from looking plain without making it cluttered. The use of the blue lighting which seem to be glowing through the outer casing, especially on the chest, works well.

A really good colour, I'd like to see more pets done in this style. I wonder what it looks like under the cover?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Uncased image:

Cased: This has some lovely shading, and it's detailed without being confusing, with a pleasing color scheme. The antenna in place of feather tufts is pretty clever.

Uncased: I've always been more fond of uncased robot pets than cased, and this is no exception. The detailing and shading is once again great, as is the glowing aspect. The body has a bit more shape to it here and the pose is somehow more dynamic despite being the same.

A very nice release.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Oh, that is class! I'm especially happy to see that the glowing parts match up with the cased version - often we've seen lights in completely different places or of different colours in the uncased versions. I'm also amused by the ear that looks like a loudspeaker. A great concept, brilliant!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark