Plushie and Orange Lutari

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kinesthesia

Plushie and Orange Lutari

Post by Kinesthesia »

Colors

ImageImage

Clothes

ImageImage
Color Wheel

Re: Plushie and Orange Lutari

Post by Color Wheel »

Large versions: Image Image

Plushie: Not a fan of this one. The colors are really garish, particularly the bright yellow on the underbelly. The eye's look a little soulless, and the dark black seam down the belly is a little awkward (who would use black when sewing something yellow, anyway?) I do like the textures and the stripes on the green however.

Orange: Orange is...orange. It's a nice shade though, and a needed release as Roxton's been running around for a few years now without a real color option. :P
Runic

Post by Runic »

Oh, the Plushie colour..... -tear rolls down cheek- What you once were.
I wish they had gone with a more subtle creamy yellow. Or, not yellow at all.
The eyes look too small, but to be fair, it looks nice to me.
And the seam is just too bold, I agree with that.

I thought Orange already existed though? That's odd. o.O
jilliejam

Post by jilliejam »

that plushie lutari is hideous
tagcat

Post by tagcat »

The fur on the plushies tail irks me. Sure they've made it more square-like at the ends but it just looks weird if the whole tail isn't textured the same way. Also the claws look too sharp and not very teddyish but the pattern on the green is nice =)
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I wish they'd made an effort to plushiefie the claws (as far as I can tell they are exactly the same as on a non-plush lutari except the highlights are slightly bluer...).
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
checkers

Post by checkers »

I quite like the Plushie Lutari (I think I have a thing for Plushie pets without 'eyes' because they make them look too... non-plush like) so the buttons/beads are a welcome design :D I agree with the comments about the harsh Yellow in the underbelly/face it could be softened. Though I wish smaller details such as the tail and claws were looked at to make it more like a Plushie.

I did a few changes which I think add more of a toy-like effect to it, un-sharpening the toes and making the green and red connecting materials a straight seam (like I'd imagine a real toy would have) and getting rid of the silly flicks of fur that a real toy wouldn't have. Either make it a bushy, furry tail or a smooth plush tail. You can't do a mix of both, it doesn't work. [edit] Something I didn't think of when making changes but I guess I would have also liked different coloured patch-work squares? If you had leftover green and red material why would you patch up your ripped plushie with the wrong colour fabric? Lol, I guess I overthink it!

But overall I quite like the Lutari and am oddly drawn to it - I wish TNT would release a batch of Lutari, I might consider it for the Lutari/Plushie I wish to own, it could be two birds with one stone (seeing as Royal Boy/Girl or Maraquan are off the table until next year I guess) but that would take some debating over other existing Plushie pets and waiting for more Lutari colours.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Plushie:- You know, TNT could've really made the Plushie Lutari into a pet everybody would want to own, but instead they've given us this...thing.

For one, the colour scheme is really, really nasty. The bright yellow just doesn't go with the red at all.
And what's with those two tufts on its tail?

Orange:- Because this is such a basic colour, you can't really go wrong. I actually quite like the Orange Lutari, especially its almost peachy head.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Five shillings for the possessed toy...

I agree with all the comments on the colourscheme - although TNT is limited with what they can do with poses and body shape post-customisation that's no excuse for the rather garish colours used. It almost looks like it got reduced to a 256-colour GIF at some point in the design process and they went from there. And the stitching up the middle really draws the eye. The pastel tones in the image by checkers are an improvement. To top it off the Lutari v2's inane grin just looks creepy on a stuffed toy. On the plus side I do like the stripy effect for the green material.

Still, way to make Orange look really good ;-) Some nice shades on the head and chest.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark