Transparent & Electric Hissi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Kantark

Transparent & Electric Hissi

Post by Kantark »

Image Image

As the Hissi is already available in Eventide we get two totally different colours today (well, yesterday but nobody's put it up yet)...

I don't know enough about snakes to comment on the accuracy or otherwise of the Transparent's anatomy, other than to say there are a lot of bones in the hands considering they were originally envisaged as wings. And that's a loooong large intestine :-P

Electric is flashy. The blue flashes seem to be a lighter shade than normal. Electric's one of my favourite 'simple' re-colourings and this is no exception. Slight complaint might be that the flashes are a bit symmetrical on the arms and evenly spaced along the tail.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Re: Transparent & Electric Hissi

Post by TCStarwind »

According to my book, the intestines aren't right at all. I'm trying to figure out why they were added when they aren't connected to anything (ie: intestines -> stomach -> esophagus). BUT I also haven't been paying much attention to the previous transparent pets, so this is probably something that's been happening all along. As for the bones, what I can see is that they don't have ribs that ever meet in the center so definitely no sternum on a real snake, but real snakes don't have wings, either, so I'll give them that one since that makes sense to me. Their arm anatomy also seems to be human, but whatever. Here's a chart (not the ones in my book) for everyone else to see for themselves: chart.

As for the colors themselves, they're not hideous or anything. I give them a pass.
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Transparent: One of my favorite transparent pets, even if it has a few issues. Like TCStarwind mentioned, snakes normally don't have sternums, though it can be excused with the wing bones. While I like the fangs, they're usually closer to the mouth (see: http://icwdm.org/Images/amph-reptile/sn ... tle2dm.jpg) and I seem to recall snake fangs folding upwards when the mouth's closed. It shares some of the same problems most transparent pets do - lack of a stomach and finger bones in the wings. All the little rib bones look great though, and the intestines do seem to go down the body in real life like what is illustrated here.
(Though there's a little blotch of color near the edge of the image that's rather annoying. :/)

Electric: Not much to say about this one, other than the bolts are well placed and I like the underbelly color.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

TCStarwind wrote:I'm trying to figure out why they were added when they aren't connected to anything (ie: intestines -> stomach -> esophagus). BUT I also haven't been paying much attention to the previous transparent pets, so this is probably something that's been happening all along.
Yep, it seems the only internal organs Neopets (or, at least, Transparent Neopets) have is a heart and a large intestine. Even the Skeith of all pets isn't blessed with a stomach. Some pets have a stylised 'love heart' rather than a more natural shaped organ, and some also have guts that resemble party balloons. How any of them are actually supposed to function is something of a mystery ;-)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Transparent pets are just stylized, that's all. I'm pretty grateful we have neopets with visible intestines at all.