Elderly Acaras (!)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
_neo_kami_91

Elderly Acaras (!)

Post by _neo_kami_91 »

Oh. My. God.

I was JUST thinking about a new Elderly pet when THIS popped on the news.

The Elderlyboy's eyes look like they're popping out of his skull. The colour is the same as a basic colour blue Acara, and it looks like he has a rash on his head which I think is supposed to be a bald spot.

I love the Elderlygirl base color, and if I had the money and you could change the eyes and mouth I would definitely get this. The tea looks sorta out-of-place, though.

Elderlygirl: nice. Elderlyboy: me no likey.
Kantark

Re: Elderly Acaras (!)

Post by Kantark »

Image Image

I'm putting the images in but not sure what else I can add... I think the strangest thing about both of these is that they're posed as quadrupeds but wearing bipedal clothes. No other Acara colour that comes with clothes does this, and it looks a bit odd to me. I kinda like the magnifying effect of the Elderlyboy's glasses. The straggly hairs on the ears are nice, but shouldn't they rather be coming out of the ears? The Acara's ears are ertainly big enough for a tuft of hair there. I think the effect on the head is intended to be liver spots. Elderlygirl's OK, puffy eyes but possibly could've done with being a bit wrinklier.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Re: Elderly Acaras (!)

Post by Color Wheel »

Sans Clothes: Image Image

Male: I like the liver spots and the clothing is very nice. The glasses are odd though - I realize they were going for the "magnified eyes" look, but they just look strange. Perhaps it's the fact that they're looking right at you, or the fact that the eyes don't seem to have much shape. However, remove the glasses and they have normal-looking eyes underneath, so you can replace the glasses if you don't like them. I prefer them with the Trendy Acara Glasses, myself.Image

Female: Is it just me, or do they look more saturated without clothes? Anyway, I really like the shawl, and it certainly does look Elderly. Something about the wig bothers me - it almost looks like it's at the wrong angle, and yet it's not. It's still a lovely design.

Two very nice Elderly pets overall.