Desert and Glowing Flotsam

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Desert and Glowing Flotsam

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

I like Desert, especially the head piece and how they've incorperated the Flotsams horn into it. The bands on its fins and neck is a nice touch too.
Glowing id glowy, it looks allright.
Bif

Re: Desert and Glowing Flotsam

Post by Bif »

Wow! Desert is really pretty. The details in the accessories are really well done. The blue material looks lovely and flowy, I like how it is translucent. The skirt also has nice details in the folds. I also really like the subtle eyeliner that you don't notice straight away. I think it might look even better without the head piece though.

Glowing is glowing.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Interesting. For a gender neutral color, the clothing looks more feminine, especially the headpiece with beads and the connected blue cloth
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Silver Link wrote:Interesting. For a gender neutral color, the clothing looks more feminine, especially the headpiece with beads and the connected blue cloth
This, definitely. Flotsams tend to look fairly feminine to me anyway (as opposed to the masculine-looking Jetsam) so this theme seems to fit well. It's nice to see another Desert coluring, it's been a while. This one is well judged - enough sparkly dangly bits without being over-busy.

Glowing is a perfectly normal recolour job.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Desert sans clothes: Image

Desert: This is lovely. The little details like the transparent fabric are great, and the clothes fit on the body naturally. My only complaint is just the fact that the makeup isn't removable like the Acara's, which limits its use as a base color, and the clothes are only three parts, so you're limited on what you can pick and choose. Still, that's a very minor complaint. I like it.

Glowing: I don't know why, but I really like this. I guess the shape of the body just lends itself to the color nicely, and I like the green eyes. No complaints here.

(As a side note, the Desert's gem piece totally looks like this smiley: :) Just saying.)