Swamp Gas and Striped Ruki

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
NeonDragonfly

Swamp Gas and Striped Ruki

Post by NeonDragonfly »

Image Image

The Swamp Gas Ruki seems a bit messy, which I guess is the goal for this colour, but the chest area just seems off to me. I think it's just to bright, for me anyway.
Striped is awesome. I love the shade of green they've chosen, and how they've blended them together to create an almost silky effect. The feet stand out a bit though, as they're just plain with no shine.
Jonah8951200

Re: Swamp Gas and Striped Ruki

Post by Jonah8951200 »

I feel the swamp gas ruki was kinda rushed, and those eyes are bugging me...
The striped ruki is totally pwnsome! all those different shades of green make it look really cool. Those parts where it looks like light is shining off of it makes it look like a realistic bug. TNT did a great job on this ruki, but as NeonDragonfly said, the feet stand out a bit
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like both of them a lot. The swamp gas ruki looks like a pet I'd actually want to own--although I do see a bit of weirdness in the eyes, it's an attractive weirdness.

It's always so refreshing to see a creative color like the striped ruki. It's like the marbled effect from dipping paper into swirled paint. Pretty.
Image Image
Dying_Light07

Post by Dying_Light07 »

Oh boy, Swamp Gas looks particularly rancid! I love the eye on it as well!

Striped is fantastic and I always support TNT going in a unique direction with a color that would otherwise be a standard pattern. The sharp greens they use really bounce off of one another and make it stand out in a lovely way. Hooray for the Ruki getting good colors :D
Color Wheel

Post by Color Wheel »

Swamp Gas: I really like the white, pale eyes, and the textures are good. The shading's a bit odd though - like Dragonfly mentioned, the middle of the body's lighter then the rest of it. The shading around the head is also odd; it makes it look like it has a 4-o'clock shadow. xD The second foot to the left is really dark, and if you look closely the far left foot actually clips through it.

Tl;dr - Pretty good overall, though it has some odd shading and clipping problems

Striped: How pretty! I really like the colors chosen and the stripes look very natural. I also love the shine on the body, but once again as Dragonfly mentioned, the feet and other areas really need the same. The eye color clashes a bit too much for my tastes, but that can be changed with contacts.

Tl;dr - A very nice variation on the regular striped color
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Striped blew me away. I guess it's a new artist because I don't recall seeing this effect before - shininess on top of a finely shaded and detailed pattern. The shiny beetle effect on the 'hard' parts of the Ruki is superb (though I agree that the feet could've done with a little more love on the shading front). Lovely choice of greens used here.

Swamp Gas is also well-executed, although the lighter area around the chest (and the light eye) is a little distracting.

Two green Rukis, they remind me of that Green Flag advert with Harry Hill.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark