Plushie chomby *slaughtered* by my scanner...comment?

Post finished and unfinished work here for critique and appraisal.
Yfandes

Plushie chomby *slaughtered* by my scanner...comment?

Post by Yfandes »

*whimper* I sware this -thing- looked a lot better before my scanner chewed it up and spat it onto the screen :x

It partly because i was using the crappiest coloured pencils know to man...you have to kill the paper to get colour out of 'em which made to paper all warped, which made the scanner uglify the pic.

meh...it ok... Comment? (be gentle ;)) Its my first chomby drawing, hurrah!

8): Laura
Current Aim: 4months+ side account to transfer pets *wills time to go faster*
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

I think it looks really good ^^ 'specially for a first try :D

Well done. I'm not the best of artists, so I wouldn't know how to give crit ^^

I like how the eye looks dead though, well. Not really an eye. A bead. Whatever, it looks good :p
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

Yeah...thats my main fault with plushie chombies...the fact that they're eyes look like real eyes detracts from them being plushie. So i made the eyes buttons :P

Thanks for the comment ^_^
Pants.

Post by Pants. »

I think it's really good =P
is it missing it's right hind leg, though? otherwise it's perfect =P
So. The caterpillar has emerged from its cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
Yfandes

Post by Yfandes »

is it missing it's right hind leg, though?
Um...no its kinda pointing out a bit rather than close to the body..so you just can't see it XD I tried making it so that you could see both hind legs but the pose just looked odd. It made it lose its floppy 'on a shelf' look.

Thankee' for the comment!...
rottweilerchika

Post by rottweilerchika »

That's adorable! =D I think, though, even just seeing a little *tiny* corner of the leg might make it look not so much as a tripod. x3.
i suck a lot okay
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

It looks better than the neopets one :D Love the button eyes! Excellent stuff!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Borrow

Post by Borrow »

I really really like it. Now I want a Plushie Chomby! :D
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

This looks a lot more plushie-ish than your usual plushie Chomby (in other words it's awesome)
The colour is fine (I think it makes it look a little more like cloth) but if you're worried about it, have you tried to play around with the hue/saturation thingy in the image veiwer?
Also, much love to the button eyes :D
syldssuf

Post by syldssuf »

You could try some big heavy books to flatten it out, maybe. I mean just put it under the books for a week, not put the books on top of it on the scanner, that is. Also, you should invest in some spray fixative, if you don't already have some. Those crappy pencils tend to rub off pretty easily, so fixative will really help keep the picture looking nice for awhile (as long as it's on acid-free paper).
Linzie

Post by Linzie »

I like it! I love the shading on the tail.

The back leg looks kind of off to me. It seems like it stands out more for some reason. But overall, it's very good for your first Chomby. =]
will someone please call a surgeon; who can crack my ribs and repair this broken heart
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Oooh, cute Chomby. It looks so hugable. ^-^

Personally, I find the powder from dry pastels to be ideal for colouring. You take a dry pastel stick (Prang is a nice brand, and they last quite a while since you only use small ammounts at a time), scratch off some of it onto a plate or something, then use some q-tips (napkins for very large areas) and treat it like you're painting. The part that sucks is that it's hard to do tiny details, but if you take some thin cardboard that's glossy on one side and cut whatever curves and angles you need into it, you can use the cardboard to mask the areas you don't want to colour. The colour winds up being more solid than cheap coloured pencils can get it. I don't even use coloured pencils anymore except for certain textures (knit material, etc). You have to wash your hands frequently when using them though, and you probably want to use napkins in between your hand and the paper to keep it from smudging. They smudge pretty easily, but they erase easier than coloured pencils do. You can also mix colours seamlessly too (just finely shave 2+ colours and mix the powder).
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.