RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

YAY that's an awesome relief WisteriaLynx! :D

Achievement: I don't have to wear that danged sling anymore, and though my arm is still basically useless, it should heal OK with time and motion therapy.

Tomorrow I have cataract surgery, and I'm freakin' SCARED. :( I know it'll make things much easier to see for the most part (especially driving), but...*whimper*.

Christmas stuff was weird, and I didn't get anything exciting except money and gift cards. My husband got me the Neopets game for DS though. I waited too long to decide that I wanted the ice blue DS package, and now there are none (or any DS Lites at all) to be found unless I go online or settle for that pink one (bleh).

And I'm now 32.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I've been kitten sitting for a friend while she's been gone over break. She got two black kittens who were about 3-4 months old from a friend about three weeks ago.
I've been kitten-sitting now since Christmas and go in today to find one of them dead. Freaking out ensued then I had possibly one of the worst phone calls to make when I called her to let her know.

I have no idea what could have killed her, as she'd been acting perfectly fine two days ago (I go to check them every other day). At first I thought it may have been panleukepenia, but there was no green urine in the litterbox and she wasn't acting lethargic or sick the past few days. I know it can set on quickly, but I've never seen it act this fast if so. I learned they hadn't had their shots yet since she hasn't had a chance to take them to a vet, so whatever disease she had could have been with her for awhile anyway.

At least the other kitten seems fine and healthy, though he's probably scarred for life after this, as they were staying in a bathroom.

Gonna go freak out some more now. I'm used to coming upon dead animals because of my work, but its much different when its a friend's cat.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my god, Seerow, I'm so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have felt liked =/
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, that's awful Seerow. :-( I hope you all recover from that shock. That's gotta be a REALLY tough call to have to make.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Oh no, how awful. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and for your loss and your friend's. :( Sometimes animals have something wrong that you just can't see, especially little kittens. It was probably very fast. I hope her little buddy is recovering, I'm sure with some extra snuggles he'll be okay.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Wow, sorry, that must have been horrible. My parents once had a puppy die, though it wasn't sudden like that, and it still makes me so sad to think of it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That's awful! I hope the other kitten stays healthy.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh so sorry to hear that Seerow. I hope the best for you and I hope your friend will be okay. I also hope the other kitten stays healthy and recovers from the trauma okay.

On a lighter note, I got to celebrate my birthday today, yay! Would of done it yesterday (which is when my birthday really is) but my mother-in-law had to work and I didn't want to have my birthday dinner without her. Plus my wife's been sick with the flu. Luckly she was feeling much better today and was able to eat with us. So I had a great dinner and chocolate fudge cake for dessert (blew my candles out in one blow. Yes, I'm full of hot air. XD). For presents I got clothes, bake wear for our future kitchen (colour theme is going to be red and black, yes!) and some money. My mom in the States gave my a Tinker Bell figure that she said reminded her of me. ^_^" So I had a great birthday. I'm just bummed that I didn't hear from my dad or sister on my birthday. Ah well. It's so hard to believe I'm 25. o.O I don't feel 25 at all. Hell, I didn't feel 24. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So far the other kitten seems fine :D He's been noticeably crying a lot more when I'm there but other then that he seems healthy.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, it was much appreciated :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Awwww. I'm sorry you had to walk in on that Seerow :( I can barely handle stillbirths. I hope your friend took the news okay. And I'm glad the other one is fine.
Alicorn wrote: Ah well. It's so hard to believe I'm 25. o.O I don't feel 25 at all. Hell, I didn't feel 24. XD
*shudders* my birthday is a month from now, and I'll be 25 too. You'll start feeling old when people as young as 6 years can't relate to you. Like now tastes in music are now like 'new classics' from the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century. Or when you go on Youtube, and people have no idea that the Jonas brother's didn't have anything to do with the creation of The Little mermaid.

Good achievements!!: My dad let me swap my crappy basic cell phone (with no camera) for his Katana he bought because he hates it. I'm usually not into cell phones at all, but having a souped up one for free put me in a very good mood. Today I went to kinkos, and they did some laptop skins for $4.00 for me, also I bought a very very dirt cheap 1 GB of ram for $30. down the street for it too. Now my laptop is slowly conforming to the 21st century ^_^
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Usul_Princess wrote:
Alicorn wrote: Ah well. It's so hard to believe I'm 25. o.O I don't feel 25 at all. Hell, I didn't feel 24. XD
*shudders* my birthday is a month from now, and I'll be 25 too. You'll start feeling old when people as young as 6 years can't relate to you. Like now tastes in music are now like 'new classics' from the 80's, 90's and the turn of the century. Or when you go on Youtube, and people have no idea that the Jonas brother's didn't have anything to do with the creation of The Little mermaid.
Or when shows you use to watch as a kid start to show on Boomerang or Nick at Night. I've seen shows appear on there and was like "Oh they aren't that old...are they?" Heck, I did feel old at Christmas. I was at my wife's dad's side christmas get together and some of her younger cousins were sporting the I-pod touches they got from Christmas. And the first thought in my head was "Geeze, I thought it was great when I got a CD player for christmas when I was a kid". o.O

And that's great about the kitten Seerow! I'm happy for you. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Y'all can't complain about being 25. Makes me feel old.
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Haha, yeah. Old. :P

Katanas are awesome. I'd still have gotten one if I wasn't so intent on having even more bells and whistles (for instance, video clip recording). My husband got a new one just today because my family divided up the cellphone plans so we could add him. And during that swapover, my own dad (who doesn't see small stuff very well) was rather impressed with it too because he can somewhat see the buttons unlike with most other cellphones (giggled about him calling his current ancient one a "dial-a-sore"). I have an Instinct, which is nice but somewhat buggy and lacking a few minor features that I miss from the Katana, and I was tempted to get a Blackberry 8330 or a Rant...but nah not really necessary unless I decide I want one of those more.

Achievements: I finally don't have to use a sling, and though it's limited I can somewhat use my right arm again.
Cataract surgery went well; the worst part was the IV (OW!) and now the weird vision and slight headache because the vision in my right eye is now so vastly different from what it was. I think once my brain adjusts to the vision, I'll be happy with it. I probably won't have the left eye worked on unless it's apparent I need it done too in order to see well at distance. With a fixed artificial lens, I can't read anything up-close with my right eye, but my left is awesome with up-close stuff.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Achievement: From this afternoon until next Saturday I'll be cruising the Pacific and visiting New Caledonia, Vanuatu and the Isle of Pines!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So my grades are finally in, and I got straight A's! I was worried about my Japanese grade since I forgot every particle and question word for the final and had been falling behind in general on that class, but I managed somehow.