Sam's deadline...

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I should just stop making suggestions, I obviously don't know anything about it :P But the-nc is actually better, IMO.
EofS

Post by EofS »

rebelheart wrote:You can't have underscores in domains, just - . So it would have to be the-nc, if.
I think hyphenated domains aren't very memorable though. They're used pretty rarely, so I imagine most people would just go to thenc.co.uk anyway. And I'm not paying for both domains :0P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I hate hyphens in domains. Whenever I try to visit Penny Arcade, I always, always try pennyarcade.com first, and since it's actually penny-arcade.com, I always go to the wrong place. ={
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

My domain is hyphenated (blu-rain).. Don't mind it but I guess that's because I own it. :P Though it can be annoying to tell someone my site is "blue dash rain without the u".

*thinks up ideas* ncolours/neocoloured/neocolourer? Or altering colour to something else? Neochroma/neocanvas/neoshades? :P Seems like people here really like colours though..
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, that's why I really like the idea of shortening our name to The NC. I call it that anyways, and it's ambiguous enough so that there shouldn't be any problems with 'stealing' the neocolours name. Personally I don't see anything wrong with http://www.thenc.something, but that's just my opinion.
Image Image
smurfie

Post by smurfie »

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If it's obvious he doesn't want to be involved, more power to him. It's not as though the name is patented or has official trademarks..... :roll: It's been said before that Neocolours is not a thing or a place, but a group of people.

*disappears into the darkness*
EofS

Post by EofS »

smurfie wrote:I'm not sure what the big deal is. If it's obvious he doesn't want to be involved, more power to him. It's not as though the name is patented or has official trademarks..... :roll: It's been said before that Neocolours is not a thing or a place, but a group of people.
It's not a legal thing, it's just a matter of courtesy really.
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

Couldn't we always do "the.nc.com". I rather like "the nc" as it reminds me of this dishy American night-time teen angst drama called The OC.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

You'd need nc.com, which you can't get. :P I don't think . is a valid character in a domain name, could be wrong though..
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oh yeah, we looked up nc as a domain - invalid for most (too short) and taken for .com and .net by North Carolina. They're the only two that would allow two letter domains.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I'm endlessly amused by the fact that Firefox doesn't seem to always fill in the end of a URL properly, and I'll end up going to North Carolina's website when I'm trying to get here.

It's extra amusing as I live in North Carolina.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

sterlinglyons wrote:Couldn't we always do "the.nc.com". I rather like "the nc" as it reminds me of this dishy American night-time teen angst drama called The OC.
I hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate The OC.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Illuen wrote:
sterlinglyons wrote:Couldn't we always do "the.nc.com". I rather like "the nc" as it reminds me of this dishy American night-time teen angst drama called The OC.
I hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate The OC.
*dittoes and commences stabbing*
Image Image
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I hate it far more than any of you are capable of.

One day I'm going to convert Meghan to our cause.

The OC must die a very slow agonizing death :)
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Matt

Post by Matt »

Illuen wrote:
I second that emotion. Laguna beach is worse...

I like thenc.co.uk as a domain however.