Editorial Time!-split 2/16/09

Post anything new on Neopets here.
oogabooga

Re: Editorial Time! (With yet another new editorial!)

Post by oogabooga »

Maybe I'm misreading then. The question is whether a grandfathered royal draik would stay grandfathered if it changed gender - I guess it would, but the answer doesn't really spell that out enough. It ignores the "unconverted" part and tells us what we already knew, that you get a female royalboy.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

The picture won't change at all, converted or unconverted :)
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

A converted one would have eyelashes.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

'Allo poppets. I know you must get hundreds of complaints and questions on the same subject weekly, however, I find it necessary to ask in order to clear my conscience. Is there any hope of getting the Pound back? If so, do you have an estimated date? I know you guys are busy, but many Neopian players such as myself are starting to give up. Thank you for your time and everything you've been doing for all of us players! We complain a lot, but it's really amazing all that you do to keep this a free site. ~willaim000
Don't give up on us! You guys might be enjoying a fancy new Pound sooner than you think! Don't tell anyone, though. It's a secret. /nod
Yay? I'm also interested in seeing what defines a "fancy new Pound."
Madge

Post by Madge »

Me too! I wonder what makes a pound particularly 'fancy'? Will it have gold decor? Will each pet in the pound be shown inside a fancy room with chandeliers?

These questions and more will hopefully be answered by pound v2.0!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

In Soviet Neopia, the pound abandons you!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Okay, I understand that trading Neopets for items, NP, etc. is not okay. However, is trading a Neopet for another Neopet okay? I've seen a lot of people trying to trade Neopets and claiming it's okay, but you've never actually said that it's okay, have you? The thing they are showing as proof that it's okay is a question in the Pound FAQ that's about Neopet trading. ~888ninetales888
Yes, trading Neopets (even though we don't like the idea of players trading their Neopets) is tolerated, but only if it is a 1:1 swap. This means no "extras" sent before/during/after the swap that might include Neopoints, items, accounts, coding, art, or anything else that would be considered an illegal payment. If there is an agreement to trade Neopets and the process has already begun (one of the Neopets has already been sent) then the other person must fulfill their side of the bargain or return the Neopet. Running off with one after a trade has begun is considered scamming and will result in that player being frozen. It is unlikely you will get your Neopet back if this occurs, though, so use good judgment as to who you swap with!
Two Dubloons on "retraction by Monday", if you please.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

During a discussion over a deliciously large bowl of Jelly Bellies we have decided that extreme pet applications will no longer be tolerated on the site. What we mean by extreme includes requests for Petpages to be made for the Neopet as part of the application, the owner of the Neopet being refunded or gifted in any way to compensate for the "raising" of the Neopet, or anything beyond a standard application. If the owner wants you to write an little essay about why you would be a good choice, that is fine. (We encourage everyone to use their writing skills!) But going off the deep end of attempting to find a good owner for your Neopet to forcing people through hoops to boost your ego and making it a competition will no longer be welcome on the site.
Yay!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Jamie wrote:
During a discussion over a deliciously large bowl of Jelly Bellies we have decided that extreme pet applications will no longer be tolerated on the site. What we mean by extreme includes requests for Petpages to be made for the Neopet as part of the application, the owner of the Neopet being refunded or gifted in any way to compensate for the "raising" of the Neopet, or anything beyond a standard application. If the owner wants you to write an little essay about why you would be a good choice, that is fine. (We encourage everyone to use their writing skills!) But going off the deep end of attempting to find a good owner for your Neopet to forcing people through hoops to boost your ego and making it a competition will no longer be welcome on the site.
Yay!
As a foster parent, everyone expects me to be mad about this, but I'm actually pleased. No more people with ridiculous requirements giving the rest of us a bad name, and no more bad applicants thinking they can win me over by stealing someone else's HTML. Just a Neomail interview, which is how I've always preferred to do it, really.

Of course, I'm NOT looking forward to looking forward to dealing with the stupider pet-applicants over the next few weeks, whose thought processes will inevitably run:

"Petpage applications are no longer allowed to be required." = "Applications are now banned." = "I want this pet and if you don't give it 2 me it's, like, totally you asking for an extreeeme application and I'll report you."
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:
Okay, I understand that trading Neopets for items, NP, etc. is not okay. However, is trading a Neopet for another Neopet okay? I've seen a lot of people trying to trade Neopets and claiming it's okay, but you've never actually said that it's okay, have you? The thing they are showing as proof that it's okay is a question in the Pound FAQ that's about Neopet trading. ~888ninetales888
Yes, trading Neopets (even though we don't like the idea of players trading their Neopets) is tolerated, but only if it is a 1:1 swap. This means no "extras" sent before/during/after the swap that might include Neopoints, items, accounts, coding, art, or anything else that would be considered an illegal payment. If there is an agreement to trade Neopets and the process has already begun (one of the Neopets has already been sent) then the other person must fulfill their side of the bargain or return the Neopet. Running off with one after a trade has begun is considered scamming and will result in that player being frozen. It is unlikely you will get your Neopet back if this occurs, though, so use good judgment as to who you swap with!
Two Dubloons on "retraction by Monday", if you please.
Yeah, in fact they explicitly disallowed trading Neopets after the last "OK to trade Neopets" fiasco.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm so thrilled about the new pet page application rule. I've always thought they were ridiculous, and this pleases me beyond... must things that please me. In fact, I almost made a new topic about it for discussion purposes, but saw it was already posted here so.. .I'll just add my glee. Glee!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Ah, here it is, Editorial issue 329:

"To clarify, since some people seem to have twisted words with this answer... nothing has changed! These are the same rules that have always been in place. "Swapping" means trading one avatar pet for another. For example, "I'll lend you my Halloween Lupe for your Mutant Grundo so we both get avatars, then we trade back." This is a form of collateral we've seen used many times and it has been asked several times in the editorial if this was alright. Yes, it is (again, at your own risk), since there is no profit made. You may NOT "swap" pets permanently, however, as that is akin to selling. "
Rainbow Daydreamer

Just in the interest of speeding up the retraction, would you guys be sweet and fire off a few editorials/support forms? I've already written mine, pointing out that in a week when applications were reined in from making over-the-top requirements it's rather odd to let people basically sell off a pet to the person who can come up with the prettiest/most expensive bid, and that after the introduction of so many features that focus on the owner's own pets (Neoboard pictures, pet emotion expressions, Customisation and the Notable Neopet spotlight...) a feature that will encourage people to reduce a pet to the colour of its coat ("I don't want anything common/converted/not painted Faerie") is a step backwards.

Someone on the Neoboards has pointed out that the style of this editorial seems ever so slightly off, and is wondering if it might be the same staff member who mistakenly allowed the H-word some time back.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Help? Hello? Hullabaloo?
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Hell ^_~ they said it was okay (..that and damn, I think?) and quickly retracted it.