Subeta: Dark Matter Chai and Spectrum Fester

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Subeta: Dark Matter Chai and Spectrum Fester

Post by lavender »

Just announced on the news: Dark Matter Chai and Spectrum Fester

ImageImage

I'm not a fan of Chais, so I'm not impressed with the Dark Matter.
I do kinda like the Fester, though. A nice colour for an otherwise lousy pet.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Is there any Fester colour that isn't good, or at least decent? As for the Chai... I know I'm gonna get shotbutitscutethereisaidit! I like it. A Chai just isn't the kind of thing you'd expect to get too evil. It looks more devilish than bad. Maybe I should stop talking.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I like the Fester but the beak really really bothers me. It has all these wonderful colours and the grey of the beak makes it look like it has Homer Simpson stubble :/
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, the Fester is really brilliant, but the Chai is mediocre. The art's decent, but the pet itself pales in comparison to other, far more brilliant, Dark Matter pets, such as the Endeavor and Aerie.
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

As one of the (few?) fans of Chais here, this one has my stamp of approval (unlike that Hydrus one... *shudders*). He's a little chubby, but like nanabobo said, it's a devilish little critter.

Spectrum Fester... it's pretty! It was a massive shock to my bleary, I-just-woke-up eyes.
Last edited by Chandi on 16 Feb 2007 03:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

The Fester's really nicely done, but its tan head is really out of place. :| I'd probably like it more if its head/neck was grey. The rest of it's body is lovely, though.

The Chai's very good too. You can't really do too much with a pet that's boring to begin with. It's a hell of a lot better than its Hydrus version. ;3
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The Chai is horrible, IMHO. I hate chais in the first place, and this certainly doesn't redeem them at all in my eyes.

As for the fester... well... I want to like it, but I don't. I don't like festers in general, so what else can I say? Heh. Oh well.

I don't have very good comments to make on this today ;_; Oh well. Just disapointed.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I think DM is nice for a Chai, but I'm not a bear person. Tate did a good job on the fester though, I think they all look nice. I'm not quite a vulture person either though.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I actually "oohhh, wooow"ed at the Fester. I've been so discouraged trying to get a mystical plushie lately, but... I think my motivation has returned. Absolutely gorgeous; definitely going to be my 11th pet.

I think the Chai is really cute, too. I like when the pets interact with the dark matter.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

I hate all of the Chai. Ever. They're just blobs of cute.

The Fester is really well drawn (omg claws), but there's something about its face that I can't stand. Or maybe it's how the hair is drawn. I dunno. It's still one of the best Spectrum pets!

... What is the Chai doing to that DM? :o
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

... What is the Chai doing to that DM? :o

Holding it.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Do Festers have any bad colors? I can't think of any right away - and this is a lovely addition to an already well-represented pet. I did the same thing you did, Tophy; I literally cooed at the prettyful thing when I saw it the first time. <3 It's going to be hard to decide between this and my planned spectrum Hikei when I have more pet room.

Dammits, I need one of those mystical plushies sooner rather than later.

I like the darkmatter Chai too, despite not liking Chais at all. I think this one is very well done, it's got quite the mischevious look on its face and I too like when they're interacting with the dark matter.

Lovely additions to the site.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I... actually like the Chai; the species itself isn't one of my favorites, but this one looks good. I like how it's all "MY dark matter! MINE!"

The Fester though... WOW. The pink head is a little out of place, but other than that it's gorgeous. I still want an Illumis as my next Spectrum pet... but this one is awesomely done, I especially love the tail feathers.
kerg

Post by kerg »

The Chai is pretty good, I like its expression but the rest is just average. The Fester is really nice, I love the tail. Like everyone else has said, the color of the neck doesn't match, but everything else is great.
Sushi

Post by Sushi »

GORGEOUS BIRD! Truly beautiful, the wings, the tail (those feathers!), claws (detail!), and they used perfect colors -- they're not too muted neither in-your-face vibrant.
But...I too can't get past that pinkish neck nor grayish beak. And that makes me sad. I wish I could love that birdie 100%, but those two things really really bother me. Sigh.

Chai = whatever. Nicely done I suppose, but I'm not a fan of the species.