Create-a-Pet Makeover?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Create-a-Pet Makeover?

Post by Jessi »

So today I went to create a new acara for target-zapping purposes, and the create-a-pet pages were very... odd.

That's the first page. At first I thought I'd clicked a wrong button somewhere O_o I felt like I was in a digital coloring book xD

Second page. Note the bottom, where i "pick" my pet's stats. Odd.

Third page, and here's where it gets weird. Activate my account? I'm of course doing this on an account long-since activated and operational O_o It somehow thought I was signing up instead of just... creating a pet.

I'm not sure if they're redoing the whole thing like this, or if it's just a little glitchy today or what. But when I created Nepeta 10 days ago, it was like the old fashion sign up.

Thought it was worth posting about >> Even if it is just Neopets being wonky and it's not new at all xD
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Not sure what to say, putting all the species on one page seems like a good idea to me.
Is it faster than the old version? (might be handy with LE species?)
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You no longer seem to get the 50 NP you used to while creating a pet, or I didn't when creating my new lab Ixi.

And, it happened friday afternoon. btw.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

Yeah all on one page seems good, but does it still have that species description when you click them?
Anza

Post by Anza »

I just checked, and it's the same for me. I think it's new.

I am not amused. I like the fact that you can see all the pets at once when you choose, and I think it's prettier and smoother. However, that does not make up for the loading time. It took forever to load on my comp, and although mine isn't the fastest computer out there, it is not very slow either.

This sucks for dial-up. TNT, get your act together and start thinking of everyone for a change, not just those with fast connections.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Yes, it is quite new, the unactivated thing is the only odd thing though, I am pleased with this new system. It appears that Tonu are no longer LE though. :?
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

*nods* Its faster in a way because all the pets are on the same page, but it loads VERY slowly, even with me on Cable. I can't imagine how it will be on dialup, but i imagine very slow.

I don't like not getting to roll for my stats - it seems to me this will make getting a negative stat pet impossible.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

I didn't think it was that slow- and is clicking and waiting for one page really slower than scrolling through what used to be up to seven or eight pages? It's a slower loading time per page, but I'm sure that not having to look through all the pets ought to make it significantly faster overall.

And if anyone's complaining about not being able to get a negative stat pet, I have one up for adoption :P PM me for details.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

XD Oh, i don't want one, but I just think it'll kinda suck you can't really GET them anymore.

Eh, i just always click 'list all' and went through that. But as an ex-dialup user that had to quit playing Neopets whenever I was at my parents' house due to the flashy lag of goodness, I can just see how it'd be kind of annoying, that's all :P
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

jessibean wrote:I don't like not getting to roll for my stats - it seems to me this will make getting a negative stat pet impossible.
Ahh, didn't think of that, I would say that the negative pets floating around now will be the last. I don't like the idea of a negative stat pet anyway.
TCD

Post by TCD »

I kinda like it, lack of speed notwithstanding.

And was there a "Pick for me" type of option before? That's kinda cool...might even out the pet percentages, then.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

Nope, there wasn't a pick-for-me thing originally as far as I remember - and I didn't bother to play with it to see how it worked. Boo ;_;
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Weird.. I see that Limited/Restricted pets don't appear, either. Do they only appear when released or what, I wonder?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

...Hey! The Tonu's not LE any more. :(

The "Pick For Me" option is pretty standard: it chooses a random species and color from the options available; but if you don't like it, you can still customize it before you go on to the next page.

I'm interested to see how they're going to handle the release of LE pets now; I'd imagine the pet's image shows up at the bottom of the screen when it's available (since I'm not seeing any sign of a Cybunny or a Poogle there right now). Hopefully we'll find out on Chomby Day.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Well, it loaded really fast for me and all - and I like the revamp, but when you pick ANYTHING, the image shifts around . . . looks pretty crappy when it does that. Still, besides that and the loading time for all other users, it's nice.

It also reminds me of how badly many Neopets need revamps . . . >_>::